My latest brew day

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 am

Alright folks, it's been several months since I got to brew. I thought I would try to capture my brew day for people to see exactly how I do it. I am looking forward to your advice on my techniques.

http://thebrewbros.com/2011/10/brew-day-08oct2011/
Beer_Punk

I don't know what you all are talking about, and who drank all my beer? - Spicy McHaggis

events attended:
Oregon Brewers Fest '07,08
Holiday Ale Fest '07
Spring Beer and Wine Fest '08
Great AZ Beer Fest '10

member of:
BN Army
AHA
Beer_Punk

Re: My latest brew day

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Nice man! I enjoyed reading this recipe as well as your commentary on techniques. I'm new at this but really enjoy learning about other people's experiences. How'd this one come out anyway?

al
alcaponejunior

Re: My latest brew day

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Wow! Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been super busy lately and haven't had a chance to check the forum. The brew was a hit for most of the people who tried it. The rye had a very forward presence that was a little more prominent than I was shooting for. It took about 5 weeks or so for it to mellow out to what I thought was a more acceptable amount. If I brew this again, I will most likely cut back on the rye addition. I think I would shoot for about .25 - .3 lb instead of the .5lbs. Thanks for the feedback! Feel free to check back on our site for more interesting articles about our favorite beverage.
Beer_Punk

I don't know what you all are talking about, and who drank all my beer? - Spicy McHaggis

events attended:
Oregon Brewers Fest '07,08
Holiday Ale Fest '07
Spring Beer and Wine Fest '08
Great AZ Beer Fest '10

member of:
BN Army
AHA
Beer_Punk

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing