Uncommon Equipment Setup and Beersmith 2

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:08 am

I use Beersmith 2 to design my beers but my equipment setup is a little strange and I'm unsure of how to apply my settings.

I use a 2 gallon cooler as a mash tun, and I have a sparge system made from tubing, an oak plank, and a wort aerator hose attachment. I boil ~5 gallons of wort in a ~7 gallon kettle and I have a temperature controller for fermentation. All my beers are bottle conditioned and all are partial mash recipes. I also always make a 1 qt yeast starter with 1/2 lb light DME, 1/4 tsp yeast nutrient, and 1 vial of White Labs yeast (for consistency and predictability).

I mostly just need help setting up my Beersmith 2 profile so I can accurately design my beers. I've noticed that my water volumes are all messed up and the yeast starter tab is funky.
Primary: Sandhurst IPA
Secondary: Air
Bottled: Tolerance Ale, White Boy Pale Ale, Loco Java Stout, Morebeer! Belgian Dubbel, Midwest Peace Coffee Java Stout
Planned: Honey Cream Ale, Walrus Raspberry Ale
vinnythering

Re: Uncommon Equipment Setup and Beersmith 2

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

You can add a custom equipment set up... mine is an odd ball one so I've done that for mine. Just go to Profiles>Equipment>Add Equip

You'll be able to specify your mash tun, house efficency, boil volume, etc.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing