Experimental Brewing Forum

Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Drew Beechum and I are co-authoring a book called "Experimental Brewing", due to be published next spring. We've set up a forum/blog at http://www.experimentalbrew.com for you to share your experiments and thoughts on the topic. We'd love to hear about experiments you've done, or want to do, or what kind of topics you'd like to see covered. Let us know and you may end up in the book!
Life begins at 60...1.060, that is!
Denny

Re: Experimental Brewing Forum

Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Experimental brewing? What's that? We follow Jamil's recipes. :mrgreen: ;)
Dave

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
dmtaylor

Sat May 25, 2013 7:27 am

I'll have to check that out. I do brew some weird stuff now and then. Just won an award a couple weeks ago for my carrot cake ale. Came in 4th in the best of show round out of 107 entries. I got a trophy labeled "Most Creative Failure". Brewing with carrots is fun. More details will be coming up in an upcoming issue of Zymurgy in an article on the Nebraska Brewing Company Wort Transformation Challenge.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Sat May 25, 2013 11:38 am

Bugeater wrote:I'll have to check that out. I do brew some weird stuff now and then. Just won an award a couple weeks ago for my carrot cake ale. Came in 4th in the best of show round out of 107 entries. I got a trophy labeled "Most Creative Failure". Brewing with carrots is fun. More details will be coming up in an upcoming issue of Zymurgy in an article on the Nebraska Brewing Company Wort Transformation Challenge.

Is this the "new" BORCA?
I love me some carrot cake!
Gonna share it, boog?
snowcapt

Mon May 27, 2013 6:41 am

snowcapt wrote:
Bugeater wrote:I'll have to check that out. I do brew some weird stuff now and then. Just won an award a couple weeks ago for my carrot cake ale. Came in 4th in the best of show round out of 107 entries. I got a trophy labeled "Most Creative Failure". Brewing with carrots is fun. More details will be coming up in an upcoming issue of Zymurgy in an article on the Nebraska Brewing Company Wort Transformation Challenge.

Is this the "new" BORCA?
I love me some carrot cake!
Gonna share it, boog?

I'm going to rebrew it sometime this summer to refine the recipe a bit. I'll post a recipe then. If you can't wait, head out to Omaha on June 1st for the Benson Beer Fest where I will be serving this beer.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Mon May 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Damn! I was hoping the Strawberry Rhubarb Saison recipe would be in the Zymurgy issue. No offense, Wayne. The Carrot Cake ale was fantastic. Sadly, I think I could only drink one...
Hoser
Hoser

Return to General Beer Related