Re: Beer Destinations in Atlanta?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 pm

There is a chain called "Taco Mac" that has like 30+ beers on tap. The tap/bottle list is 4 pages long. Its sort of like an awesome Applebee's.
Effingbeer

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:03 pm

theobrew wrote:If you're just in North GA in general and are near Athens I would suggest Terrapin Brewery. They are far better than Sweetwater in my opinion.

Sweetwater makes some great beers. Terrapin is more experimental, and in tune with trends in craft brewing. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, IMO.
hoodie

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:29 am

dogismycopilot wrote:Actually, a really good Atlanta brewpub just came to mind. The Wrecking Bar in Little Five Points has great beer and outstanding food. It's in the basement of an old Victorian house. I think the main floor is used as some kind of event space, or something.

If I was in Atlanta again, I would definitely make an effort to stop by the Wrecking Bar. The beer is very high quality and the food was great. At least it was last time I was there which was September 2011.
Next:
Fermenting: Cider, Azacca Oat Pils, Egregious-ish, Lambic, Carrot Blossom Cedar Mead, Brett Helles
Drinking: RIS, Doppelbock, Sauerkraut Gose, Lambic, Brett Blonde, Kriek, Saison, Rye Berliner
Barrel aged: RIS, Rye Barleywine, Tripel
dstar26t

Previous

Return to General Beer Related