Re: What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Sheen wrote:
bleachcola wrote:I'm surprised this forum doesn't have a continuous thread on this.

Some noob starts one every month or so.

LOL :lol:
http://www.embracethefunk.com <----My Sour Beer Website

PRIVATE FIRST CLASS- The BN Army: Dirty South Squadron
Proud 2010 Fallen Soldier Winner
Proud 2009 Caller of the Year Nominee

POLLO ASADO!
Brandon

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm

dontblake wrote:
bleachcola wrote:Elaborate on the homemade Absinthe. Are you adding extract to a base liquor or steeping some herbs or just going straight homemade with all ingredients?

I'm steeping a bunch of stuff in everclear. Here's the recipe that I found and decided to give it a whirl (since I picked up some wormwood last year (added it to a witbier) and had some dried lemon balm from last years harvest.
I did NOT use the calamus root or hyssop, but DID use everything else specified. Also used 1L of everclear and added 750ml of water. Also let it steep for something like 3 weeks, cuz I was lazy. Just separated the gunk from the green liquor earlier today. I think it will need a little more water and maybe some sugar, cuz a sip I had earlier was HARSH

===copied from a website I can't remember now
There are a great number of recipes for Absinthe across the world, and many of them are closely-guarded secrets by Absinthe manufacturers. This particular recipe was happily shared by one of the last famous beat poets; Dale Pendell. He swore by this concoction, and said that it was one of the most powerful psychoactive drinks he had ever known. We found his ingredient list intriguing, especially due to the Calamus Root; one of our favorite Energizing Herbs here at the shop.

* 30 grams Wormwood (Artemeisia absithium)
* 8.5 grams Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis)
* 1.8 grams Calamus Root (Acorus calamus)
* 6.0 grams Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)
* 30 grams Anise Seeds (Pimpinella anisum)
* 25 grams Fennel Seeds (Foeniculum vulgare)
* 10 grams Star Anise Fruits (Illicium verum)
* 3.2 grams Coriander Seeds (Coriandrum sativum)

Once all the herbs are gathered, they can be lightly crushed and placed in an airtight, preferably glass container. One 750 ml bottle of pure alcohol, such as Everclear needs to be added to the herbal mixture. Then, he let the mixture "steep" for a week, shaking it 1-3 times a day, every day.

Then, he'd add 500 ml of distilled water, shake, and allow the entire mixture to macerate for an additional day. After that, he would pour the liquid into another container, and squeeze out the liquid from the herbs into the extract as well. He'd then dip the squeezed-out herbs into vodka, let them soak up some of the alcohol, and then squeeze them into the liquid extract as well.

==

Sweet. I'm going to have to try this out.
bleachcola

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Bellmer wrote:
leftnut wrote:I tried Sam Adams Imperial white ale tonight. It's pretty damn big for a wit.

Hence the "Imperial." I haven't tried any of them yet, but I hear the wit is the best of the bunch this year.

The Imperial Stout is amazingly drinkable. Very digestible. If it weren't 9% ABV you could easily put down a six pack.
bleachcola

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 pm

And suck my nuts for the noob remarks. Not literally, JP, if you're reading this.
bleachcola

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:52 pm

I thought you said it was ok as long as you're the pitcher... :unicornrainbow:

bleachcola wrote:And suck my nuts for the noob remarks. Not literally, JP, if you're reading this.
Nate Diggler

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Nate Diggler wrote:I thought you said it was ok as long as you're the pitcher... :unicornrainbow:

I'm not saying it would make me gay. I just don't want JP sucking on my nuts at the moment.
bleachcola

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Point taken... gotta have standards, especially when it comes to nutsucking :nutters:
Nate Diggler

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 pm

bleachcola wrote:
Nate Diggler wrote:I thought you said it was ok as long as you're the pitcher... :unicornrainbow:

I'm not saying it would make me gay. I just don't want JP sucking on my nuts at the moment.

at the moment?

:nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters: :nutters:

:unicornrainbow:
On tap at the LAB.

Winter Warmer - 5.4%
Amber's Sister Ale - 5.3%

Coming up -Dunkel
shunt

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff