Re: What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Double Day Tripper by Indeed.
MNHazmat

What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Oskar Blues Old Chub and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. The ofest is like a traditional festbier instead of the common Americanized Oktoberfest. Instead of a caramel bomb it's more like a strong Helles. Not a Helles Bock but stronger than a Helles. Gold color. Grainy, doughy and intense melanoidans.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:39 am

mobrewer wrote:Oskar Blues Old Chub and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. The ofest is like a traditional festbier instead of the common Americanized Oktoberfest. Instead of a caramel bomb it's more like a strong Helles. Not a Helles Bock but stronger than a Helles. Gold color. Grainy, doughy and intense melanoidans.

Interesting. I Have not seen that O-fest yet my way. Was it in a six pack or a mixed pack? Was down in CT over the weekend and had the chance to pick up a 4 pack of Spencer Trappist Ale which I am looking forward to sampling. At $16/4 pack it better be damn good! Can't remember the last time I spent that much money on 4 beers.... :pop
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:04 pm

Lagunitas Doppel Sticky. Very good, though it reminds me a lot of Sucks.
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:03 am

I cracked open a 2010 LaFolie last night. Wasn't too bad, but it didn't hold up all that well. I had a Hop Stoopid after that & I had either wrecked my palate or got a bad bottle. That was the first time I noticed that Laguanitas doesn't put identifying marks on the bottle for production dates or facility. I don't want to be a hipster douche, but I hope all this growth isn't fucking with the limited Laguanitas supply that ends up in Montucky.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:46 pm

2013 LaFolie with my Montana vegan dinner. That's when you put mashed potatoes & carrots on your plate next to the 20oz med-rare ribeye. All cooked with copious amounts of butter. The boiled carrots are even better when you fry the steak in a half stick of butter & pour all that liquid over them. Hutterite carrots are delicious. I should've bought the Hutterite potatoes too.

The 2013 is in it's prime. Guess I should've cracked that 2010 a couple years ago.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:50 am

La Folie's are filtered/pasteurized nowadays aren't they? Most likely the reason they are not holding up as well as they used to.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:58 am

I'm not sure, but that could very well be. I've got one last bottle of 2013 that's going to get cracked in the very near future.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff