Who will win the battle of the off topics?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:36 am

code
83%
no pants
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: Who will win the battle of the off topics?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:31 pm

budrockdiesel wrote:It will be a draw when they become life partners :unicornrainbow: :nutters: :nutters: :unicornrainbow:

As of this morning they can now do that in Iowa.

Just saying.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:17 pm

it's the off topic forum, and you guys are expecting beer posts?

so I finally found the Longshot 6 pack and the Tasty IPA is awesome
On tap 1: Dry Irish
On tap 2: El Jefeweizen
On tap 3: Vienna
kegged: Rye Amber, Belgian Dark Strong, CYBI Mirror Pond, Irish Red, RIS
lagering: Vienna, Helles, Cream Ale, CAP
Field

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Field wrote:it's the off topic forum, and you guys are expecting beer posts?

We're not expecting beer posts in OT. We're just saying that there has been so much worthless OT posting going on that all of the beer posts get buried in it. That means that people are responding to it though, so maybe that is what they want. Personally, I check the forum less often now.
BayouBrew

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 pm

I hate to stir the pot, but to hell with it... we're all friends here, as long as we don't break Brewer's Code.

I don't mind the Off Topic posts. If you don't like them, don't click on them. If you don't like that they are on top of the list of new posts, check the forums the old fashioned way.

So now what? We have to have a forum post quota? I say, as long as the posts aren't breaking any rules (ie: Brewer's Code) and all posts are respectful, post away. If you don't care who the best president was or what 5 historical figures you would drink with, don't click on it, and click the link that says "mark posts read".
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Thirsty Mallard wrote:I hate to stir the pot, but to hell with it... we're all friends here, as long as we don't break Brewer's Code.

I don't mind the Off Topic posts. If you don't like them, don't click on them. If you don't like that they are on top of the list of new posts, check the forums the old fashioned way.

So now what? We have to have a forum post quota? I say, as long as the posts aren't breaking any rules (ie: Brewer's Code) and all posts are respectful, post away. If you don't care who the best president was or what 5 historical figures you would drink with, don't click on it, and click the link that says "mark posts read".

I concur. Plus, half of the posts in the Off Topic forum are complaints about posting in the Off Topic forum. Seems like an easy way to halve the traffic. Now enjoy yourselves dammit :jnj
"Beer; so much more than a breakfast drink." -Homer

Bottled:
Aging: Flanders Red
On Deck: Jeez I need to brew...
Bellmer

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Go to the board index, and look at all those delicious topics under "Beer". There are 16 of them. They are awesome.

Pointless as the recent "random question" topics are in the "Off Topic" section, they are in the right place. I could see the detractors' points if they popped up in "Beer Radio", "Fermentation", etc.

I agree with TM and Bellmer. If you're not interested, move along to the other posts or the beer topics. Chill out and have a beer. :jnj
Free The Hops!
L.A. Lagers

Corporal, BN Army Gulf Coast Division :bnarmy:

On Tap: Drake's IPA & Blond Ale
In the fermenters: Nada
Next brew: Janet's Brown Ale (1st all-grain brew!)
motivatedslacker

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 am

:asshat:
Last edited by Sent From My iPhone on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent From My iPhone

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:01 am

Fuck, i think it's like the naked drunk guy with the bottle of gin in his hand standing on a table and singing songs. It's tacky, it's kind of annoying, and you wish the sweaty bastards wouldn't be swinging his dick around. On the other hand, eventually he'll pass out and everyone can go back to drinking.
Image Bob "G. Bob" Roland
Nickel City Brewing
gbob

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff