Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:18 pm

Code, Are those DAQ's in the rack all the way to the left? I notice the 2U cable management slot with a bunch of twisted pair. What is nature of all the analogue data being processed?

I don't think they are DAQs, but since that's not my facility, I honestly don't know. There are many T1's terminated there, the stuff just to the right of me is a long distance provider's switch, and the stuff to the right of that is a WLLS system & switch I was on the design team for.

The stuff behind me is for CATV.
code
codewritinfool

Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:59 pm

Ok that be good. Not DAQ's but blade demarkation points. Different stroke for differnent folks. Wireless Link Layers you say? Dude are you contracted to Sprint or Verizon or some schit? No earth station gear though.

I think where is Code is not as fun as what is code working on. I could post some pics of weird data racks too! Although, since I do some government gigs, we may not see no pics from rich. They might spirit me away never to be seen again.

Oh, well it's been fun looking at the racks in your pic.

P.S. Yes I have a stable personal life. Kinda.
rich

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:00 am

Ok that be good. Not DAQ's but blade demarkation points. Different stroke for differnent folks. Wireless Link Layers you say? Dude are you contracted to Sprint or Verizon or some schit? No earth station gear though.

I think where is Code is not as fun as what is code working on. I could post some pics of weird data racks too! Although, since I do some government gigs, we may not see no pics from rich. They might spirit me away never to be seen again.

Oh, well it's been fun looking at the racks in your pic.

P.S. Yes I have a stable personal life. Kinda.

Wireless Local Loop, about 20 mile radius from the headend. Developed for third-world countries where they can't afford to put in telephone poles & string wires. Oh, and no Sprint or Verizon for me.

The "Where's Code" is supposed to be identifiable - this one wasn't so it was lame.
code
codewritinfool

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 am

Code, did you get to try any of the local beer in Kearney while you were there? The Thunderhead Brewery serves some pretty good stuff.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff