Hop Grenade stencil

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:29 am

Looking for a good stencil of the BN hop grenade, because I think it would be cool to spraypaint it on stuff. You guys have any clue where I can find one?

(PS: I promise I'm only spraying it on /my/ stuff, as much as I want to do otherwise)
JakeAndBake

Re: Hop Grenade stencil

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 pm

So your the reason why Abq looks so beautifull... :bnarmy:
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 am

Oh man, if I started seeing hop grenade stencils instead of all the crappy "political art" that adorns the UNM area, I'd have a lot more faith in people.

No, I'm building a fermentation box to stick on top of my chest freezer so I can have both beer on tap and controlled fermentation. I want to cover the box in used wood and give it a light stain so it looks kinda old and battle-worn, then put a hop grenade stencil and throw a BN ARMY stencil over the top of it.
JakeAndBake

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah, if the BNARMY starts tagging things with hop grenades coast to coast, we'll probably get Justin put under investigation by the FBI gang task force.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 am

You guys have any clue where I can find one?

Don't homebrewers like to DIY?

I made one for my mask. I put blue painter's tape on to a standard 8x10 piece of printer paper, printed out the logo, peeled the tape off the paper and applied it to the mask, then used an x-acto knife to cut out the proper parts. Then I painted, let it dry, peeled off the tape, and presto, a hop-grenade.

That's probably more complicated a process than it needs to be, but the point is, you can figure it out yourself.
Moscow
Global Moderator

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:53 am

Well yeah, I can figure out the printing/spraying, but stencils get passed around pre-made all the time in other forums I frequent, I thought someone might have on pre-made that I just had to cut out and spray. It's not gonna look real fancy (kinda the point) but it needs to recognizably be a hop grenade, and my art skills aren't up to the task, I don't think.

I guess there's always cutting out and blowing up the logo, isn't there a high-res version of that going around somewhere? I'm gonna have to make this thing like 18 inches tall (the fermenter box is going to be 30).
JakeAndBake

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 am

Brother just go on the BN wallpappers thread that Bad Rock started and find one you like. Print it out in black and white then paste and tape / laminate on a thick piece of card stock. then cut out the parts that out want the spray to go through. Stencil away. :bnarmy:
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Sorry it might have been Blomax that did the wallpappers. :asshat:
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

On Deck