A random act of,,,

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:13 am

A few weeks ago a brew buddy came to me and asked if he could have me help him make a part to a tractor, seeing that I work in a machine shop and I have a common knoledge of the operations of the lathes and mills I told him "hell yes". The project turned out to be to make a key stock for a coulpe of guys that run a fab shop and have done some stainless welding on my kettles for me for free, this project took about 8 hours to compleat no problem just a Saturday that I was just going to be lazy anyways. When my buddy presented the key stock to the men they were so overjoyed that the informed him that nobody has ever done something like this for them before and free welding for myself and my buddy for life. Just goes to show ya that a little thing to me was HUGE to them. :bnarmy:
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Re: A random act of,,,

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 am

I can't wait to see the kick-ass sculpture you get as a result of free welding for life. Good for you for doing some guys a favor.
skibikejunkie

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm

skibikejunkie wrote:I can't wait to see the kick-ass sculpture you get as a result of free welding for life. Good for you for doing some guys a favor.

The Killer part is I traded my brewing buddy a truck box for his brew stand that these same guys welded up for him, and then they welded up another one for him before all this happened, and I like my stand. It's not pretty but it makes killer wort. :D

In keg-a-tor-a-anator

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Here's a better pic.

In keg-a-tor-a-anator

On Deck