Beer and Bikes

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Who mixes these hobbies. Also what is a normal ride when drunk? I live close to the bar so my longest is .8 miles (1.3 km). Tell me things.
Peace, Love, Unity
L0nni3
l0nni3

Re: Beer and Bikes

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 am

l0nni3 wrote:Who mixes these hobbies. Also what is a normal ride when drunk? I live close to the bar so my longest is .8 miles (1.3 km). Tell me things.

I'm not trying to get preachey,,,,, But man don't drink and drive..... or ride. That is the best way to become ONE with the road and the hospital and the funeral home. Ride easy brother.
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 am

It's a big thing in Denver, I know. It'll get you a DUI here.

As a pedestrian, we hate those idiot drivers.
As a driver, we hate those idiot pedestrians.
But no matter what mode of travel, everyone hates those idiots on bicycles.

Don't remember where I heard that, but it still cracks me up.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 am

My neighbors brother got arrested walking home from the bar intoxicated! Sheesh! :roll:
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm a biker. Biking drunk is better than driving drunk because you're less likely to get someone else hurt but it's still a really stupid idea and a great way to get yourself hurt, especially if you're one of those helmet-phobes, and possibly a good way to get yourself arrested for DUI.
maxwell

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm

As an avid daily cyclist, I fully promote riding to the bar: Walking a bike home is much easier than pushing a car. I have many scars and an almost exposed collar bone to show why biking while drunk is not a good thing (especially when you have shitty insurance). With that said, biking 10-30+ miles to a brewery for a beer or two, then riding home sober (and drinking upon safe return)... excellent day on the bike. Here in Montana, I enjoy riding to the neighboring towns for a beer in a random small town bar (the "Bank Bar" in Wilsall is awesome). I especially enjoy having a can of beer in my back jersey pocket to drink at the top of a mountain pass. Even though it is warm and fizzy, it just tastes better after the climb.
Beer. Bikes. Cosmic B-fields.
adamK

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:31 pm

adamK wrote:As an avid daily cyclist, I fully promote riding to the bar: Walking a bike home is much easier than pushing a car. I have many scars and an almost exposed collar bone to show why biking while drunk is not a good thing (especially when you have shitty insurance). With that said, biking 10-30+ miles to a brewery for a beer or two, then riding home sober (and drinking upon safe return)... excellent day on the bike. Here in Montana, I enjoy riding to the neighboring towns for a beer in a random small town bar (the "Bank Bar" in Wilsall is awesome). I especially enjoy having a can of beer in my back jersey pocket to drink at the top of a mountain pass. Even though it is warm and fizzy, it just tastes better after the climb.

Willsall? Over the Bridger Pass? Jesus, that's a hell of a ride for a bicycle.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:56 am

I do...we have miles of mountain biking trails here in SLC/Park City and we all bike through the summer and fall to prepare our legs for skiing (both touring and lift access) in the winter...its a symbiotic relationship...we always take a can or two to enjoy at the top or the end of the trail...not for a buzz, but for a reward and our lower alcohol beers are perfect for this

We used to bike to the bar before the kid, but now it just feels weird to bike to the bar with a child seat on the back :mrgreen:

Cheers! :pop
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff