Re: People that don't drink beer really are nuts

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:12 am

I lived in Utah for a couple of years, and I think of it as America's little slice of Iran. One word: Garments. For those of you who don't know, that's munderwear. Utah even has a special women's clothing store that sells mormon appropriate clothing because the women aren't allowed to show their shoulders or knees...weird. Also, I love the word sister-wife. By the way, I met my wife there, she's mormon, and she's bat shit crazy.
Come On Fulham!!

"...know your process, know your yeast." - Ozwald
BeaverBarber

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 am

yes garments are weird...we affectionately call them chapel chaps...its not that they aren't allowed to show shoulder or knee, they just have to cover their undies which the shorts go to their knees and the top resembles a wife beater...modesty is one of the bigger values they preach

a lot depends on where you live around here too...SLC proper is a much different place than the outlying suburbs, Provo especially which I call south central mormon

What part of Utah did you live in beav?
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:09 am

EL TIZZO wrote:yes garments are weird...we affectionately call them chapel chaps...its not that they aren't allowed to show shoulder or knee, they just have to cover their undies which the shorts go to their knees and the top resembles a wife beater...modesty is one of the bigger values they preach

a lot depends on where you live around here too...SLC proper is a much different place than the outlying suburbs, Provo especially which I call south central mormon

What part of Utah did you live in beav?

I lived in Bountiful. My wife is from Lehi. SLC does have some great places, Burt's Tiki Lounge, The Bayou, Squatter's, Desert Edge, Skybox, Bruvies, Sugarhouse, Brighton, Snow Basin, and the list goes on and on. I'd like to retire in Park City, so I'm not anti-Utah. I post lots of dumb things when I've been drinking.
Come On Fulham!!

"...know your process, know your yeast." - Ozwald
BeaverBarber

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
12stones wrote:People from Utah are crazy, ..

SOME people. Although, with multiple wives, you increase your chance that one of them doesn't have a 'headache' in the bedroom...

I think with multiple wives, you'd have more of a reason to drink. :aaron
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff