Printer Ink

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:17 pm

...has gotten ridiculous! I went in the store for an ink cartridge & walked out with a new printer... for less.

The printer I have was given to me by a close friend about 6-7 years ago when he upgraded. Just a run of the mill HP Something-Jet. The black cartridge was $50 & the color cartridge was $60. I've been wanting a new printer for a while now so I decided to look at those first & checked out which cartridges every printer under $140 used. The new printer was $140, on sale for $100 & a black/color ink combo pack was $15. I was worried that I'd have to spend some serious cash & figure out how many cartridges it would take to break even, but the sale price did that for me. It was basically buying the ink cartridges, getting $10 off & a free printer/scanner. It didn't take the edge off the migraine I've had all day, but it was a nice surprise.

Now I have the most important thing to figure out. Do I take the old printer to the shooting range or play Office Space with it?

Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: Printer Ink

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:40 pm

In uni printers were $50 and ink was $55, new printer meant it was time for stress relief via baseball bat. Good times.
j1m1

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

j1m1 wrote:In uni printers were $50 and ink was $55, new printer meant it was time for stress relief via baseball bat. Good times.

I sure could use the stress relief since that's what started this f'n migraine. I don't own a baseball bat, but a .30-06 provides some pretty good stress relief too. From a much further distance. Too bad I still haven't put an optic on mine yet.

This new printer is ridiculous. A couple taps on the touch screen & a sudoku puzzle pops out.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 pm

I hate ink jet printers. I stopped using the years ago, now I use a laser jet and never run out of ink. For pictures I send them to Walmart for a few pennies..
NervousDad

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Ozwald wrote:
j1m1 wrote:In uni printers were $50 and ink was $55, new printer meant it was time for stress relief via baseball bat. Good times.

I sure could use the stress relief since that's what started this f'n migraine. I don't own a baseball bat, but a .30-06 provides some pretty good stress relief too. From a much further distance. Too bad I still haven't put an optic on mine yet.

This new printer is ridiculous. A couple taps on the touch screen & a sudoku puzzle pops out.

I can see how that will help, save it for when you start sighting in your optics maybe?
j1m1

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:07 pm

j1m1 wrote:
Ozwald wrote:

I can see how that will help, save it for when you start sighting in your optics maybe?

When I can afford them anyhow. Bought the rifle about a month ago at a ridiculous sale price. Skipped the optics since I took the scope off my old .22 long rifle a long time ago & it's just been sitting in a storage box. Turns out the mounting rings didn't match. Did a little research (I've had that scope since I was 10) and realized it's a rimfire model. I can't just put new rings on it because it just can't handle the recoil of a .30-06. It wasn't going to be permanent, but I thought it'd get me by for some target practice until I had some extra cash laying around for something decent. And of course with a rifle that large they don't even bother putting on open sights. Nice new rifle, few boxes of target ammo, 1 month, still haven't pulled the trigger on it. I feel a Feelings Calendar post coming on. Sad :nutters:, sad :nutters: indeed.

On the plus side, the day after I realized all of this I took some of my handguns out & had a jolly ole time. On the down side, that just made me want a Sig Sauer P229 even more. Don't have a .40S&W yet. Not to mention Sig's are just marvels of machining.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:41 pm

GO OFFICE SPACE ON A UNIT!!!
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

Return to Off Topic Stuff