Re: I need a freaking brew day

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:23 pm

I haven't had a brew day since November... Stressed out with a sick little kid, and no fucking money for brewing. I can't wait to try my new kettle, and have a wonderful brew day.

:jnj - Sad Pork. :(
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Looks like my brew day just got scrubbed!

My plate chiller froze with water in it and it bulging out on one corner so I assume that it's done. Then I go down to my basement and within the last hour 2" of water has rushed into my basement. with lots more coming in. I hate this friggin' winter!

M kid was sick this week too, while my wife was away, non stop coughing in my face and got me sick so I'm have a pretty shitty week!
Last edited by NervousDad on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NervousDad

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:06 pm

NervousDad wrote:Looks like my brew day just got scrubbed!

My plate chiller froze with water in it and it bulging out on one corner so I assume that it's done. Then I go down to my basement and within the last hour 2" of water has rushed into my basement. with lots more coming in. I have this friggin' winter!

M kid was sick this week too, while my wife was away, non stop coughing in my face and got me sick so I'm have a pretty shitty week!

MAJOR bummer, dude. My parents just had a pipe burst at their house. Hate it what that crap happens.
GilesTH

Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Not to steal this thread but we just had the nasty stomach virus rage through our home with my 1 yr old son getting it so bad we had to take a trip to the ER. On top of that he has a double ear infection and needless to say my wife and I have not had more than 3-4 hrs of sleep per night in about 5 days. All on our Feb vacation from teaching. Yay for survival!

And all I want is just to bottle my gueuze for some comps coming up...
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:46 pm

brewinhard wrote:Not to steal this thread but we just had the nasty stomach virus rage through our home with my 1 yr old son getting it so bad we had to take a trip to the ER. On top of that he has a double ear infection and needless to say my wife and I have not had more than 3-4 hrs of sleep per night in about 5 days. All on our Feb vacation from teaching. Yay for survival!

And all I want is just to bottle my gueuze for some comps coming up...

That sucks! I hope the family is feeling better.
GilesTH

Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks man, we are officially on the mend and sleep will come in time. Nothing a few tasty homebrews can't remedy...
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:06 pm

WOHOO managed to get one in. Finally good enough weather, minus fighting the wind all day. I'm actually wind burned.
PFC BN Army Southeastern PA Division
http://www.barefootlionbrewing.blogspot.com
BarefootLion

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:51 pm

BarefootLion wrote:WOHOO managed to get one in. Finally good enough weather, minus fighting the wind all day. I'm actually wind burned.

Ouch! I got in a brew day, too. Even used the opportunity to teach my wife! Brewing is a lot of fun when someone else is doing the work and I'm still way involved :D.
GilesTH

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff