Re: Motorcycle accident

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:20 pm

That's horrible. I'm sorry that happened. I will keep your friend and his family in my thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Oh man ... super bummed to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend, and his family!! I definately am praying for a full recovery.

I was just having a discussion with one of my motorcycle commuting co-workers who was getting pretty pissed at how they (motorcycles) are treated on the highway. He had made up little circular magnets with taped messages on them to toss at the asshole drivers. That way they would find the message when they got home ... things like "back off asshole", "learn to drive you fucking idiot", "just because you were born a dickhead doesn't mean you have to drive like one" <-- alright, the last one was too long for the dime sized magnets. In the end, I advised against it since you never know when you run into a road rage idiot that won't think twice about running a motorcyclist over.

Once again, I hope for a full recovery and sorry to hear of this traggic accident.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:12 am

Thanks everyone. No real news at this point. He's still on life support in critical condition. All things considered, he's doing about as well as he can be, so there's that.

Also, I misspoke. Jay & Rachel just have 1 son. They live on the other side of the country & I haven't seen them in a few years. I thought I heard from another close friend that they had a 2nd, but I was mistaken. Not that it makes that much of a difference. He was just an infant the last time I was over there, so he must be 5 or 6 now.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:30 am

Just got some good news last night.

They removed half of his skull the other day, the pressure dropped & stabilized immediately. It was mostly surface bleeding which was very easy to take care of. He has 3 contusions on the left side of his brain, only 1 worth talking about. It's relatively close to the memory center, so we're really not sure what to expect when he wakes up.

They removed him from life support, he's breathing on his own just fine with supplemental O2. They're starting to introduce mild stimuli, to help bring him back out of it little by little. They're expecting he'll be awake in 5-10 days.

He's not out of the woods yet, but he's almost there. Things are looking as good as they can, all things considered.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Great to hear Ozwald!!!
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:34 am

Been away from the forum for a few days. Sorry to hear all this Ozwald, but glad to hear that there is some improvement. I commute about 45 minutes a day on the freeway. I'd love to have a bike but the chances of ending up roadkill are just too high. I don't even feel all that comfortable driving it in my little old '93 Capri ragtop. Just too many idiots on the road.

Hope he makes a full recovery
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Finally got some news again today. Mind you, it's like a game of telephone by the time I hear anything.

Jay opened his eyes this morning, but otherwise seemed unresponsive & unable to focus on anything. I'm assuming they have him pretty drugged up at this point & that is playing a major part in his regaining lucidity. However, it's a big step in the right direction, comparatively.

While I would never ask or expect any donations from complete strangers, there is a fund being set up on his behalf. Even if his insurance really kicks in, Jay & Rachel are still going to be left with tens of thousands to pay for themselves. If anyone is so inclined, email/PM me for info. Anything would help, but only if you feel moved to do so.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:12 pm

any updates?
code
codewritinfool

PreviousNext