Re: Returning to the BN Army

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:31 am

TDS, it's not you. The BN has changed, but moreso, the entire brewing community has changed drastically in the last 5 years. I barely listen anymore either.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Ozwald wrote:TDS, it's not you. The BN has changed, but moreso, the entire brewing community has changed drastically in the last 5 years. I barely listen anymore either.

Yes, sad it is. Hopefully another boost of the next generation of brewers will ignite this scene here. Meanwhile, I will continue to plug away on the forum.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:54 am

The cigar community is alive and kicking, if anyone is interested. Check out BOTL.org (Brothers of the Leaf). Not as much asshattery as the old days around here, but still a great group of very generous brothers.
Sheen

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:19 am

Sheen wrote:The cigar community is alive and kicking, if anyone is interested. Check out BOTL.org (Brothers of the Leaf). Not as much asshattery as the old days around here, but still a great group of very generous brothers.

Are all "leaf brothers" on that forum?
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:02 am

BleedingSaynt wrote:They all took me in like family and I feel perfectly comfortable asking or saying anything. So that hasn't changed, at least. Welcome back!

You said a mouthful there.
When I was down and out and in jail for my dui, several of the guys wrote me and sent cards.
Not to mention the support I got on the forum.
It really meant a lot.
Great grouo of people and I'm thankful to be part of it.

And WELCOME BACK!
snowcapt

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:06 pm

snowcapt wrote:
BleedingSaynt wrote:They all took me in like family and I feel perfectly comfortable asking or saying anything. So that hasn't changed, at least. Welcome back!

When I was down and out and in jail for my dui, several of the guys wrote me and sent cards.
It really meant a lot.

And WELCOME BACK!

Did you ever get that "file" we sent you? 8)
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:16 pm

brewinhard wrote:
snowcapt wrote:

It really meant a lot.

And WELCOME BACK!

Did you ever get that "file" we sent you? 8)

I can neither confirm nor deny that. :asshat:
snowcapt

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Things have really changed since I was last active on here too. Been gone a little over a year. I like the new look of the website, but a little disappointed in the lack of recent posts by members. Hell, I am still have the lead for most posts and I haven't posted for a year.

Life got in the way here too so my brewing at home has been cut back to only 3 or 4 brews in the last year. On the positive side, I have done a couple pilot brews each for 3 local breweries and will be doing a full 7 barrel batch of one of my beers at a 4th brewery at the end of the month. One of the breweries has an old 1950's vintage fridge converted to a 4 tap kegerator in their tap room. They serve their "Ice Box Series" beers from there. These are small batch, one off, specialty beers. Mostly experimental stuff. Since I have a reputation for brewing "wierd shit" they have asked me to come in a couple times a month to concoct something strange for the ice box. Looking forward to doing that little foray into commercial brewing.

See you all in Baltimore in a couple days!
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff