Hello from Claremont NH

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi folks. I recently moved to Claremont NH from Massachusetts. I've been brewing for 10 years, the last seven I've done primarily all-grain, with an occasional extract batch. I've been a member of HBT (same username) for years, but since I'm meeting new friends in the new town I live in, I might as well meet new online friends too. I have only met one other brewer in Claremont, so if any are in this forum, let me know, I'd like to meet more fellow brewers around here.

See you on these interwebs... :jnj
homebeerbrewer

Re: Hello from Claremont NH

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself here.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Welcome! I grew up in Claremont. Is there a homebrew shop there now? My parents still live there, but I haven't ever heard them mention one.
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 am

No homebrew shop here in Claremont. The closest one I found is in Lebanon, but they're very limited. I went to buy ingredients for a batch, and I bought almost all of their 2-row. They said they'd order more, but it'll take a couple weeks to get it in. Apparently, they don't have many all-grain brewing customers.

There's one in Keene, but I haven't been to that one yet.

I'm still a member of the homebrew club in MA, and my mother still lives there, so I go to the meetings and stay the night at my mother's house. I go to the homebrew shop there to buy my ingredients when I'm there.
homebeerbrewer

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:59 am

Where in MA? I lived in Billerica many yrs ago.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Welcome, I am Hillsboro (about an hour south) and our brewery is in Pembroke if you ever get down this way.
Oddball Brewing Company - A nano start up in Pembroke NH http://www.oddbbrewing.com
NHbeerscene

Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Welcome, I'm in Derry and was born in Claremont (but don't tell anyone since I tell everyone I'm from VT - grew up in Windsor).

I've been to that store in Lebanon...very limited but I was actually able to find a certain yeast I was looking for once. You can always make the trip to Nashua (Jaspers), which isn't too far or head out to Portsmouth to A&G and then hit Earth Eagle Brewing (owned by the same people) and other breweries and make a day of it. If you buy grain in bulk, Brew Free or Die (Manchester area homebrew club) does a bulk buy twice a year. You need to be a member, but dues are cheap, like $15 /year, and you can get 50 lbs. of 2-row for under $30. They also do a hop buy too.

BDawg wrote:Where in MA? I lived in Billerica many yrs ago.

Me too BDawg...me too! I think we said we actually lives in the same apartments, just years apart if I remember correctly.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 pm

NHbeerscene wrote:Welcome, I am Hillsboro (about an hour south) and our brewery is in Pembroke if you ever get down this way.

Dammit Bill...I still haven't been out there yet! I'll get there soon...I promise.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Next

Return to New Users