Beer Pairing?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:46 am

I am going to a local place for lunch in a bit and as its BYOB and my day off, I was contemplating a nice beer to go with my meal. www.rouxbarbfood.com is where I am going. Might get duck club or shrimp po'boy. Any thoughts on what to drink with? I can't get anything too exotic where I am, but I can get Duvel, Unibroue, whole bunch of Belgian stuff.

Thoughts?

lunch is 1pm est ;)
fulkrum78

Re: Beer Pairing?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am

fulkrum78 wrote:I am going to a local place for lunch in a bit and as its BYOB and my day off, I was contemplating a nice beer to go with my meal. http://www.rouxbarbfood.com is where I am going. Might get duck club or shrimp po'boy. Any thoughts on what to drink with? I can't get anything too exotic where I am, but I can get Duvel, Unibroue, whole bunch of Belgian stuff.

Thoughts?

lunch is 1pm est ;)

I'd recommend a Zoetzuur's to go with the sweet/sour duck sauce or shrimp po' boy. Rodenbach or Dutchess de Bourgeone will be too sweet. The Zoetzuur's is just dry enough and sour to complement and clean the pallet from the fatty duck.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Re: Beer Pairing?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 am

Unibroue La fin du Monde goes great with just about any food
Enjoy Great Beer!

:bnarmy: San Diego Special OP's BN Army :bnarmy:
TapItGood

Return to Great Food VigArously