Re: Home Brewed Chef show

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 am

Not too hyped on this show. Seemed to be a lot more of what he did then how you can do it. Which is what I was more interested in.
mr x

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:08 pm

mr x wrote:Not too hyped on this show. Seemed to be a lot more of what he did then how you can do it. Which is what I was more interested in.

Sounded to me like this pilot episode is meant to just introduce some topics related to cooking with beer. It was basic (be aware of bitter, sour, sweet, malty; think of beer as a complex ingredient; consider the unique and individual elements of your ingredients rather than "can of beer" or "a tomato"), but that's what I'd expect for the first show. How else is Paxton going to keep Justin from glazing over in a tard drool stupor?

I have much faith in Paxton. I've eaten his meals, listened him on the BN, and have even had him put mysterious little drops of stuff in my beer, and I've always been inspired by what he shares. Looking forward to hearing what he will put together for us.
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Junket is right. This show was a lot like reading the introduction of a great book. Not much info other than what to expect from shows to come. I, too, have eaten his food and talked with him. Sean will not disappoint.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 pm

mr x wrote:Not too hyped on this show. Seemed to be a lot more of what he did then how you can do it. Which is what I was more interested in.

Go listen to the first episode of The Session. You wouldn't have come back to the BN either.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:21 pm

[douchechills] It's not only the first show that makes me feel that way. [/douchechills]
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:28 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:

Go listen to the first episode of The Session. You wouldn't have come back to the BN either.
Considering that learning curve is over show, I was expecting more. Anyway, before we all get too gushy over the show, I think a little constructive criticism isn't out of order. I want to know about hop-bacon! It is high on my to do list.
mr x

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:40 am

mr x wrote:
Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:

Considering that learning curve is over show, I was expecting more. Anyway, before we all get too gushy over the show, I think a little constructive criticism isn't out of order. I want to know about hop-bacon! It is high on my to do list.

I understand what you're saying. I think I'll wait till the third show before I make a judgement, though.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm

So what's the story? Is the last show any more useful than the first show?
mr x

PreviousNext

Return to Great Food VigArously