Re: Favorite cooking personality

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:40 am

Rick Bayless is mine right now. Tim Love is a good one also. Alton brown is a bit annoying at times. Bourdain is greatness also.
zepol1987

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 pm

zepol1987 wrote:Rick Bayless is mine right now. Tim Love is a good one also. Alton brown is a bit annoying at times. Bourdain is greatness also.

Bayless is great. Several years ago, before we could get Food Network, I would spend Saturday in the recliner watching the cooking shows on PBS, and Rick Bayless was always so enthusiastic on his shows. If NHC ever gets to Chicago, I am eating at Frontera a couple of times. I love Bourdain's writing style, and his sense of humor. His Les Halles Cookbook is hilarious.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:
zepol1987 wrote:Rick Bayless is mine right now. Tim Love is a good one also. Alton brown is a bit annoying at times. Bourdain is greatness also.

Bayless is great. Several years ago, before we could get Food Network, I would spend Saturday in the recliner watching the cooking shows on PBS, and Rick Bayless was always so enthusiastic on his shows. .

darn tootin'! His passion comes through without sounding like a fruit or an asshole!
snowcapt

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Anthony Bourdain is tops for me. I was a cook for 10 years and I can relate to him. I love his independent "fuck you' attitude. Jamie Oliver is always cool. He keeps it simple and his accent kills me. Justin Wilson... my love of Cajun food is firmly rooted in watching Justin Wilson.
Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
Ambrose Bierce
Ironman

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:33 am

Ironman wrote:Anthony Bourdain is tops for me. I was a cook for 10 years and I can relate to him. I love his independent "fuck you' attitude. Jamie Oliver is always cool. He keeps it simple and his accent kills me. Justin Wilson... my love of Cajun food is firmly rooted in watching Justin Wilson.

+1 on Justin Wilson, I garontee!
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:
Ironman wrote:Anthony Bourdain is tops for me. I was a cook for 10 years and I can relate to him. I love his independent "fuck you' attitude. Jamie Oliver is always cool. He keeps it simple and his accent kills me. Justin Wilson... my love of Cajun food is firmly rooted in watching Justin Wilson.

+1 on Justin Wilson, I garontee!

+2 to this day I stir anything after adding each ingredient because of watching him so much.
PIG HOG :lol:
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Previous

Return to Great Food VigArously