BBQ and Hazelnut Brown ale!?!!!?! I must be mad!

Tue May 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Hey guys, my store had on tap for take out growlers of Rouge's Hazelnut Brown ale, unfortunately i don't drink huge quantities of beer in any one sitting (yes yes, i drink but i don't DRINK, heresy huh?) and my buds said they couldn't do anything till next week (in the middle of Philly beer week, which I'm NOT having a full growler hanging around for nothing) So i decided to cook with it.

Already planing to make a mild BBQ sauce (boil down the beer in a double boiler until it's a syrup, then mix the tomato based BBQ sauce to taste) and to marinade some steaks in it (just the beer itself), but i think I'll still have some left afterward. do you guys have anything else i can do that's relatively easy?
Bottled: Dark and Dangerous (smoked black ale)
Upcoming: Cocoa Pebbles Black Saison
Steel

Re: BBQ and Hazelnut Brown ale!?!!!?! I must be mad!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:07 am

You are confusing my emotions. That is without a doubt my favorite beer. I would drink it like water. However putting it into a BBQ sauce, which is another thing that is close to my heart, does sound like mad science. Delicious mad science! Be sure to post your results! But I would smoke some ribs vs doing the steaks. BBQ sauce goes better with ribs...mmmmm..... I've got to go & get something to eat now.
--------- Ben the Brewer ---------
--Brew Strong, Brew Often, Brew Proud--
BenTheBrewer

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:12 pm

BenTheBrewer wrote: Delicious mad science! Be sure to post your results!

My Results: I need a better BBQ sauce base, i didn't turn out good, just tasted sweet and everything. Also, i have a propane grill so i can't make anything that tastes good
Bottled: Dark and Dangerous (smoked black ale)
Upcoming: Cocoa Pebbles Black Saison
Steel

Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Hmm, sounds like one I need to try. And with awesome BBQ. Sounds like heaven.
llamabox

Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:56 pm

use that shit for brats or stew! yum
snowcapt

Return to Great Food VigArously