Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:32 am

I think i'm going to try this tomorrow. Believe it or not I've never made a beer can chicken.

Any suggestions on what those "favorite spices" are?
polski

Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:03 am

That just makes me hungry. Mmm mm.
Asshat of the Year ('06)
Proud Drunk of the Year Nominee ('08)
Beevo, "I burned my tongue."
Doc, "Slow down."
Gadgets
CoVBS
Push Eject
Butcher

Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:37 am

I googled beer can chicken and looked at a few... then I kinda did my own thing based on the BBQ rubs presented.
BUB
Lunch Meet "Limpian" Gold Medalist (x2) 2006
Winner of <b>NO PANTS</b> award 2006 and 2007
Make your own beer website... starting at $10 per YEAR.
www.bubweb.com & www.momenttoponder.com
bub
Global Moderator

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 am

Bub, i figured you'd have a suggestion. Now are we going to get a Movember update tonight?
polski

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:51 am

I think sandiegolife has been listening to Graham Sanders craftbrewer radio in Aus. He has covered this recipe a few times. A great way of keeping a chook moist while cooking! yum. Just need a beer to wash it down.
Stem

Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:07 am

It's been a while since I've done one of these. My wife got me one of those beer can chicken holders that will hold 2 cans/chickens for Christmas a couple years ago. It works great and the chicken always comes out awesome.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:02 am

BRB, the Old Chub is a great beer, too bad I drink the last one I had. I do have some Dale's left over that I may use some time for this.

BTW BadRock, you making your way this way for work anytime soon? One of these days I am going to ask you to send/bring a couple cases of Dale's and Old Chub, those things are awesome and perfect for river trips that I take every summer.
Nate
http://www.nebraskabeerblog.com
Beers on tap-Schwarzbier, RyeIPA
BrewBum

Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:33 am

BrewBum wrote:BRB, the Old Chub is a great beer, too bad I drink the last one I had. I do have some Dale's left over that I may use some time for this.

BTW BadRock, you making your way this way for work anytime soon? One of these days I am going to ask you to send/bring a couple cases of Dale's and Old Chub, those things are awesome and perfect for river trips that I take every summer.

I probably won't return to your neck of the woods until spring. I do a yearly startup of irrigation system that runs between Custer, Valley, Sherman and Howard counties. I'll drop you a line next time I'm headed that way.
BadRock
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Great Food VigArously