Candy Making, Anyone?

Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:32 pm

Anyone not think I'm a pansy for making candies as a hobby? My favorites have always been different variations on truffles, but I still wrestle with tempering the chocolate every time. I make caramels/caramel sauce, different types of fudge as well.. A great idea for anyone making truffles-

Replace about 1/2 of the cream with a cooked & reduced raspberry juice (strain the seeds out) in the ganache filling. Freeze the mixture overnight & spoon out into balls like you would regularly, then let re freeze. Coat as quick as you can with the tempered chocolate as you would normally. The filling will remain somewhat liquid & is a great combination of flavors.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
This message brought to you by the letters A-L-P-H-A-K-I-N-G and the number 6

“Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Surgeon General

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:08 pm

SG... go get a flashlight....
Got it?
Ok... now go through your cabinets, garage, under the woodpile... and find your penis... for christ sakes.
BUB
Lunch Meet "Limpian" Gold Medalist (x2) 2006
Winner of <b>NO PANTS</b> award 2006 and 2007
Make your own beer website... starting at $10 per YEAR.
www.bubweb.com & www.momenttoponder.com
bub
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:38 pm

Bub, the most powerful flashlight I have is one of those rechargeable 1 million candlelight pieces, and I'm not sure that will be enough. You sound like you have experience in these types of searches.. is there a more powerful model that you can personally vouch for?

And to all you little leaguers out there (25 points to anyone who gets that reference-Bub might), the correct manipulation of chocolate is a sure way to a smokin' woman's heart.

“Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Surgeon General

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:59 am

Surgeon General wrote:the correct manipulation of chocolate is a sure way to a smokin' woman's heart.

That may be, but I'm not sure you'd know what to do with it once you got her heart... maybe coat it in chocolate and eat it? While wearing the skin suit?

:shock:
Capt. Pushy, BN Army Corps of Engineers
(not to be confused with Push E.)

Building a Better World Through Beer
Brew Engineer

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:15 am

And to all you little leaguers out there

Mmm kay, I don't listen, watch, or follow baseball in ANY WAY but that would be Steve Stone, Cubs baseball announcer.
I only follow Ladies Tennis and Beach Vollyball.... and once every 4 years Womens Curling.
BUB
Lunch Meet "Limpian" Gold Medalist (x2) 2006
Winner of <b>NO PANTS</b> award 2006 and 2007
Make your own beer website... starting at $10 per YEAR.
www.bubweb.com & www.momenttoponder.com
bub
Global Moderator

Re: Candy Making, Anyone?

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:15 am

Surgeon General wrote:...I'm a pansy...I still wrestle with...chocolate. I make... sauce, different types of fudge.

spoon into balls. The somewhat liquid filling is a great combination of flavors.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? JP? George Michael? WHAM!?

This is a public service reminder that, like the Great Pumpkin on halloween, the Lunch Meet Unicorn may or may not appear today. You have been warned.
What's on tap: Cream Ale, Imperial Blonde
Secondary: British Amber,
Primary: APA
http://bubrew.org
DannyW

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:15 am

Brew Engineer wrote:
Surgeon General wrote:the correct manipulation of chocolate is a sure way to a smokin' woman's heart.

That may be, but I'm not sure you'd know what to do with it once you got her heart... maybe coat it in chocolate and eat it?

:shock:

I'm not sure either. My wife keeps telling me she'll show me how it works when our son gets out of the house, but he's only three for Christ's sake! Man, am I excited to find out! :lol:

-Henry David Thoreau
Surgeon General

Re: Candy Making, Anyone?

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:17 am

Surgeon General wrote:spoon out into balls like you would regularly

Umm this is the only part that I really get and I'm a chick. Just saying....
Vanna #1

Next

Return to Great Food VigArously