Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:12 pm

TBN had the guy who started Pete's Wicked Ale on and he was a choclate maker.

See, not all candy makers are pansies.
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Surgeon, ignore these oafs. I make truffles on a fairly regular basis. I think I will give these a try for a reception I have to do in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the idea!

Here is another idea for using truffles. I make a batch of truffles using a melon baller to make balls about the size of Bub's nuts and stick them in the freezer to let them set up good. I then make up some chocolate cake batter and put that into fluted muffin pans and bake until about half cooked. I then poke one of these truffles into the center of each of the cakes and return them to the oven to finish baking. When cool I invert the cakes onto dessert plates on which I have poured a little puddle of ganash. I garnish them with a little powdered sugar and a strawberry fan. I call these my Heart of Darkness Cake.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:17 pm

Thirsty Mallard wrote:TBN had the guy who started Pete's Wicked Ale
The guy who started Pete's...Pete Slosberg!
BadRock
Global Moderator

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:06 pm

The wife and I usually make hard candy for holiday gifts. Takes lots of corn syrup sugar etc... Not sure if we'll be making any this year though. Too busy prepping for the new brewer!
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:39 pm

Sean Paxton makes some tasty truffles. check out his website. I think its homebrewchef.com
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:48 am

This thread is useless without beer!

Figure out how to integrate a little Sweet Stout into those truffles or risk being tagged a lightweight.
Private First Class, Swampmucker Division
GooberMcNutly

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:49 am

GooberMcNutly wrote:This thread is useless without beer!

Figure out how to integrate a little Sweet Stout into those truffles or risk being tagged a lightweight.

I made an Oatmeal Stout Ice Cream last week. Does that count?
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 am

Speaking of candy...if one were to boil wort (probably unhopped) down far enough, would you end up with taffy, or ribbon candy, or just a burned mess?
What's on tap: Cream Ale, Imperial Blonde
Secondary: British Amber,
Primary: APA
http://bubrew.org
DannyW

PreviousNext

Return to Great Food VigArously