Food for 2008 NFL schedule

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:18 am

I write an article pairing beer and food for a NE Patriots fan site, basically try to make food from the visiting city (suitable for a tailgate), highlight a brewery in that city, pair with one of their beers that is hopefully available in New England, and then come up with other local beers of that style

The home games this year are:
Bills
Broncos
Cardinals
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jets
Rams
Steelers

Anyone from any of those cities/states have recommendation for local food or beer?

Miami is always the toughest when it comes to beer. Denver will be the easiest for beer - but no Rocky Mountain Oysters won't be featured.
On tap 1: Dry Irish
On tap 2: El Jefeweizen
On tap 3: Vienna
kegged: Rye Amber, Belgian Dark Strong, CYBI Mirror Pond, Irish Red, RIS
lagering: Vienna, Helles, Cream Ale, CAP
Field

Re: Food for 2008 NFL schedule

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:10 am

FeldmarshalReinheitsgebot wrote:...Steelers...

Having grown up in New England and gone to college in Pittsburgh, I'll chime in...

re: Pittsburgh:

For food, I'd say Primanti Brothers... or pierogis? or chip-chop ham?

For beer, it's got to be Iron City, although I'm not sure if you can get that in Patriots territory. Rolling Rock?

We were back in Pittsburgh this past Thanksgiving and went to the monsoon Monday Night Football game... had a great time.

Go Pats!
And Steelers!
marnold

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:07 pm

For the Chiefs you need good spicy BBQ ribs or brisket (use some Gates BBQ sauce) and for the Broncos go with buffalo for the entree, preferably grilled.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Well, if your beloved Pats ever get the opportunity to play my NY Giants again, you can serve up some humble pie, and was it down with a little "18-1 Lager".... HA-HA!!! Be-atch!

:twisted:

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 pm

MyloFiore wrote:Well, if your beloved Pats ever get the opportunity to play my NY Giants again, you can serve up some humble pie, and was it down with a little "18-1 Lager".... HA-HA!!! Be-atch!

:twisted:

Mylo

try again once they've won 3 Super Bowls this millenium
Field

Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:55 pm

Although Iron City is beer of Pittsburgh, Penn Brewing is much better. I grab a case of Penn Dark, everytime I go home. I'm not dissing the Vitamin I, i love the aluminum bottles for tailgaiting but for a better beer, anything from Penn Brewing.
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 pm

I did use Penn, for their St. Nikolaus Bock last year, but that Penn Dark is really good, and Dunkels go well with pretty much everything on a grill
Field

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:07 pm

FeldmarshalReinheitsgebot wrote:try again once they've won 3 Super Bowls this millenium

Uh, as far as I can tell - both of our teams have won three superbowls. All of your wins have been in the last 6 years - but as they say in the stock trade - past performance does not guarantee future results.
Hmm, never had a win before 2002? Yeah, I'm sure it will be a little harder for your coach to cheat - now that everybody is watching him.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Great Food VigArously