Re: Food for 2008 NFL schedule

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 pm

for buffalo, wings would seem obvious.....however, unless you are lugging a deep fryer out to a parking lot, your next bet would be the infamous Beef on Weck. Its pretty much a roast beef sandwidch on a kimmelwick bun. Kimmelwick bun is salted and has fennel seeds. the only condiment allowed on it is horseraddish.

Beer, only one choice......Flying Bison.

oh, and make sure you video tape all you can just like belicheck does! Don't just stack your team with underpaid superstars who are just looking for a ring, you gotta cheat too!
suck it
boobookittyfuk

Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 pm

When playing the 'Stillers' you need to have pierogies and kielbasa with a side of halupki. (And the Polish girls go "Do do do, do-do-do-do, do do do...)

Rolling rock, IC or Penn would make good beers. Sam Adams used to be contract brewed at the IC brewery near McKeesport. (I used to buy it from the loading dock for $5 off a Teamster there)

For Miami, I can suggest some Cuban flat sandwiches with ham and cheese. Not much in the beer department from there that you would find up north, though.
Private First Class, Swampmucker Division
GooberMcNutly

Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:57 pm

The home games this year are:
Bills
Broncos
Cardinals
Chiefs
Dolphins
Jets
Rams
Steelers

Anyone from any of those cities/states have recommendation for local food or beer?

Bills -- naturally, wings
Dolphins -- i suggest mahi mahi (dolphin fish)
Steelers -- a "rothlisburger" The sandwich is 11*2 pounds of ground beef, hot sausage, fried onions, scrambled egg and American cheese.

GO EAGLES!!
coffeeman

Re:

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 am

meisterofpuppets wrote:
bcmaui wrote:st louis also has a good BBQ tradition - and a unique food - the fried ravioli - not sure if deep frying goes with tailgating though. Schafly's had a lot of beer selections in bottle at my first visit there last month.

gotta have gator or frog legs for Miami, or some cuban/other latin food from what I see on TV? never been to Florida though.....

Being a SF 49er fan I've been eating humble pie myself for many years in a row now....

Speaking of St. Louis, I have a really funny story about schnucks.

oh yea? do share. . .

I think Schlafly's is the only beer from st louis you have a chance of getting that I would recommend. If so then go for the American Pale Ale. Its their regular pale ale but dry hopped (think SN pale ale with more hop aroma/flavor). It's sad for me to acknowledge that toasted ravioli's are of st louis origin, but they would be good for tailgating. Aside from that st louis really doesn't have a defining style of food; there's a lot of italians and irish, so choose whatever you want.
Brant
Cprl, StL Div.

Primary - munich helles
Conditioning - tripel, dubbel, old ale
On Tap - Rus Imp Stout, west coast blaster, am ipa
Coming soon - maibock
Brant

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Well....the night is finally here...

Unfortunately I am being taken against my will to a wedding reception!!!

The good news is that the reception is at a bar/brewpub with 9 tvs...I will have to deal with a pissed off wife in the AM, but Steelers will be watched tonight! :drink
pre-season or not....it has been TOOO LONG...

Go Steelers!!!

Bill
The BN Army.......you can't have a revolution without soldiers!!!

Always try to be the person that your dog thinks you are!

CaribouBill -- BNArmy Ranger, Great White North Division
CaribouBill

Previous

Return to Great Food VigArously