this may have been done before but...

Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm

While sitting at the campfire the other night and remembering I had some brats in my cooler (same party that i had all the beer fill my jeep :cry: )
we decided to cook them up. We did a couple the traditional way of cutting a stick, sharpening the end and raosting over the fire. Then i said, why not cook them in a beer. I cut the top off a can of my buddies busch (haha serves him right) then put the can into the coals, let it warm up for a minute or two, inser the brats in the topless can, cook for 8-10 minutes, and tadahhh, beer cooked brats. You could then roast them if needed for that browned up look, but it was excellent. I know what im eating at my fires now.
-Crut
They call me Crut
**BREW STRONG**
I brew for schnitz and giggles
Corporal in the BN Army
Brewer for Shorts Brewing in Bellaire MI
Crut

Wed May 14, 2008 2:54 am

This is what I first envisioned when you said "roasting brats":

Sent From My iPhone

Re: this may have been done before but...

Wed May 14, 2008 4:38 am

cguntzviller wrote:While sitting at the campfire the other night and remembering I had some brats in my cooler (same party that i had all the beer fill my jeep :cry: )
we decided to cook them up. We did a couple the traditional way of cutting a stick, sharpening the end and raosting over the fire. Then i said, why not cook them in a beer. I cut the top off a can of my buddies busch (haha serves him right) then put the can into the coals, let it warm up for a minute or two, inser the brats in the topless can, cook for 8-10 minutes, and tadahhh, beer cooked brats. You could then roast them if needed for that browned up look, but it was excellent. I know what im eating at my fires now.
-Crut

Does that mean you'll also be buying Busch now? :)
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed May 14, 2008 5:01 am

only for the cookin of brats, i dont wanna waste a good beer. Oh wait, we cant get much good beer in cans up here. he he i said "cans"
They call me Crut
**BREW STRONG**
I brew for schnitz and giggles
Corporal in the BN Army
Brewer for Shorts Brewing in Bellaire MI
Crut

Wed May 14, 2008 5:05 am

I use Shiner Bock in cans for cooking beer butt chicken...

NIce idea with the brats! I will definitely try and remember that one for my next camping trip! Although I'm a little more prepared in my camping and I have a small pot and a grate for over the fire... so I may not go right in the can. (yes, I said it)
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Wed May 14, 2008 10:29 am

I did this a few weeks ago, but I used a little Scotch ale mixed with a pale ale. I boiled some Brats, Knockwurst, and Casewurst in the beer mixture and grilled them afterwards. Best damn sausage i've ever put in my mouth.....

Wait did that sound gay!?! :shock:
I think I've had about enough beer tonight...Now I need some Whiskey to sober up
oneal66

Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am

oneal66 wrote:I did this a few weeks ago, but I used a little Scotch ale mixed with a pale ale. I boiled some Brats, Knockwurst, and Casewurst in the beer mixture and grilled them afterwards. Best damn sausage i've ever put in my mouth.....

Wait did that sound gay!?! :shock:

Of course not. You were only the 6th post. Everyone knows it takes 8...
Jay
___

Lime cat thinks you suck
___

ON TAP:
RIS
Hefe
Pumpkin Ale
English Brown
American Blonde
O'fest
APA