Re: smoker recipes?

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 am

I'm using a vertical water smoker, and starting my charcoal using the minion method.
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

whiteManCanHop wrote:you can go 18 hours without adding charcoal using the minion method http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/fireup2.html#minion. this involves loading up the somker with unlit charcoal and then placing a handful of lit charcoal on top. as it burns the lit coals slowly start lighting the other coals. this method works very well in my experience.

you will need to add water every 3-4 hours.

Minion works well. Switch from water to sand in your heat sink and you don't to worry about anything but checking temps during the smoke.
-I live in my own little world. But that's okay because they know me there.
-Even if alcohol does kill off brain cells, we all know alcohol goes for the slower, weaker ones first -- making your brain more sleek and efficient.
numsquat

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:10 pm

whiteManCanHop wrote:you can go 18 hours without adding charcoal using the minion method http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/fireup2.html#minion. this involves loading up the somker with unlit charcoal and then placing a handful of lit charcoal on top. as it burns the lit coals slowly start lighting the other coals. this method works very well in my experience.

you will need to add water every 3-4 hours.

I'll fill up the chamber next time with a lot more charcol and give it a try. Would be nice not to have to go out every hour.
bcmaui

Previous

Return to Great Food VigArously