Re: Gucci Parcel Service

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 am

Gucci Pilot wrote:I'm at Scott AFB outside of St Louis. It's tough to find a good beer here.

At least they have DFH over there. Which is more than can be said for this side of the river.
siwelwerd

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 am

You know, on this side (IL) DFH, and I happen to like Schlafly's and Boulevard Brewing Company as local goes. Also, Bell's finally started distributing again and I can usually get a good supply of Three Floyd's and Cantillon from up north near Chicago when my family comes down to visit. No shortage in my book, well except where I am right now, but that's temporary.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

TimmyR wrote:You know, on this side (IL) DFH, and I happen to like Schlafly's and Boulevard Brewing Company as local goes. Also, Bell's finally started distributing again and I can usually get a good supply of Three Floyd's and Cantillon from up north near Chicago when my family comes down to visit. No shortage in my book, well except where I am right now, but that's temporary.

Tim, I call bullshit. I went to no less than four eating establishments in O'Fallon on Easter and the most "exotic" beer they had was Corona. So, being a good Southerner displaced in Kalifornia, I partied with Jack, Jim, and Johnnie.

We had a good time.

BTW, I can get a better beer selection in Thailand. What does that say about the land of Obama or Lincoln?
Gucci Pilot

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 am

Ever make it to Southeastern MI? I know we have a pretty big airshow in the summer here in Ypsilanti. The Blue Angels will be back again this summer. Flight path is right over my house!!!!
Image<see, it's getting better.
Test_Engineer

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Test_Engineer wrote:Ever make it to Southeastern MI? I know we have a pretty big airshow in the summer here in Ypsilanti. The Blue Angels will be back again this summer. Flight path is right over my house!!!!

Dude, I'm always down with an airshow. Especially, when it includes Test Engineer's beer. Dude, send me a PM about the airshow and I'll see what we can do. How do you say "Ypsilanti"?
Gucci Pilot

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Gucci Pilot wrote:
Test_Engineer wrote:Ever make it to Southeastern MI? I know we have a pretty big airshow in the summer here in Ypsilanti. The Blue Angels will be back again this summer. Flight path is right over my house!!!!

Dude, I'm always down with an airshow. Especially, when it includes Test Engineer's beer. Dude, send me a PM about the airshow and I'll see what we can do. How do you say "Ypsilanti"?

here is the info on the airshow:
http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

it's pronounced ip-si-lan-ti the Yp is like the Ip in Ipswitch
Image<see, it's getting better.
Test_Engineer

Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Tim, I call bullshit. I went to no less than four eating establishments in O'Fallon on Easter and the most "exotic" beer they had was Corona. So, being a good Southerner displaced in Kalifornia, I partied with Jack, Jim, and Johnnie.

I won't contend the restaurants in O'Fallon versus anything on the west coast., especially in N. Cal (I used to live in Napa). All I meant was I can buy good beer....local selection (in stores) is more than adequate. Also, Chevy's and Red Robin do at least pour Schlafly's. Boulevard is at the local pizza joint along with Hot Shotz. Don't know where you were eating, but the overall selection is sparse compared to the west coast, but I make the best of it. If I want a good beer and a meal, then St Louis is where I go...or to my basement.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Sun May 03, 2009 8:13 am

TimmyR wrote:

I won't contend the restaurants in O'Fallon versus anything on the west coast., especially in N. Cal (I used to live in Napa). All I meant was I can buy good beer....local selection (in stores) is more than adequate. Also, Chevy's and Red Robin do at least pour Schlafly's. Boulevard is at the local pizza joint along with Hot Shotz. Don't know where you were eating, but the overall selection is sparse compared to the west coast, but I make the best of it. If I want a good beer and a meal, then St Louis is where I go...or to my basement.

I'll take your beer anytime. I'm not so interested in that kinky stuff in your basement, though. :mrgreen:
Gucci Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Swaps