Re: Northern Brewer Show

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Well, if you got all that out of it, then I think there was plenty of feedback given. Are you just bothered that I didn't blast the guy and tell him my thoughts in a rude way? Why can't feedback be nice? Rude or mean doesn't equal better or more honest feedback.

Both Justin and I drank all of the beers offered. They were all good beers. Some needed tweaks, but none were bad. You're assuming otherwise.
I hope my post helped in some way. If not, please feel free to contact me.

Jamil Zainasheff
http://www.mrmalty.com

"The yeast is strong within you." K. Zainasheff
jamilz

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 pm

jamilz wrote:Well, if you got all that out of it, then I think there was plenty of feedback given. Are you just bothered that I didn't blast the guy and tell him my thoughts in a rude way? Why can't feedback be nice? Rude or mean doesn't equal better or more honest feedback.

Both Justin and I drank all of the beers offered. They were all good beers. Some needed tweaks, but none were bad. You're assuming otherwise.

I wasn't trying to imply that there should have been any rudeness, it just seemed like some of the feedback was a bit sugar-coated. I guess I'm probably expressing my own frustrations in getting feedback, that more often than not, I worry that my tasters are telling me what I want to hear rather than giving me honest tasting notes. I guess I just mentally was comparing the kind of notes that you give when tasting cloned attempts in the studio versus these homebrewed beers, though I'm sure you have more time (and more of the brew) to sample, process, and work through.

Anyhow, didn't mean to imply anything negative, just always hoping to learn as much as possible to improve the craft. Thanks for the awesome casts, as usual.
On Deck: Ruination IPA clone, Red Rocket clone
Primary: American Brown Ale
Conditioning: American Pale Ale
Enjoying: Green Flash West Coast IPA clone, American Amber Ale
MrBisco

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:54 am

CYBI is held to a very high standard. I think most folks would be shocked at what we call not cloned. The differences are tiny in most cases and we're expecting perfection at every turn. So, they are two completely different things. We're not comparing beers in the other shows, we're just offering general feedback.
I hope my post helped in some way. If not, please feel free to contact me.

Jamil Zainasheff
http://www.mrmalty.com

"The yeast is strong within you." K. Zainasheff
jamilz

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm

:aaron

Mr.Bisco,
I was at that show and in fact I was flattered to have been invited to discuss my beer on the show(Sweet Stout with bread yeast). All I wanted was an honest opinion, which I think everyone clearly received. I didn't see anyone spit out any beer while the sampling took place, in fact by tasting allot of other brew samples, I got some good general Idea's in what to do if I'm I run into those problems. Jamil and Justin I believe gave us Honest Opinions, and the bottom line if you get an honest opinion in a nice polite way it sometimes doesn't hurt the ego as much. We are all here to learn a thing or two, I'm new to brewing and I invite any Honest opinion. Here's another thought not everyone tastes the same, you can have 100 people sample your beer and you will get 100 different opinions.

Just my input
Martyvh

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:52 am

Martyvh wrote::aaron

Mr.Bisco,
I was at that show and in fact I was flattered to have been invited to discuss my beer on the show(Sweet Stout with bread yeast). All I wanted was an honest opinion, which I think everyone clearly received. I didn't see anyone spit out any beer while the sampling took place, in fact by tasting allot of other brew samples, I got some good general Idea's in what to do if I'm I run into those problems. Jamil and Justin I believe gave us Honest Opinions, and the bottom line if you get an honest opinion in a nice polite way it sometimes doesn't hurt the ego as much. We are all here to learn a thing or two, I'm new to brewing and I invite any Honest opinion. Here's another thought not everyone tastes the same, you can have 100 people sample your beer and you will get 100 different opinions.

Just my input

I'm glad you got great feedback, and I envy you for getting Jamil's always helpful feedback. I rescind any negativity I might have expressed, I didn't mean to imply any ill feelings towards Jamil or any of you brewers. I was trying to offer my feedback on the production of the show, and I certainly didn't mean to cause any bad feelings. So, my sincerest apologies.
On Deck: Ruination IPA clone, Red Rocket clone
Primary: American Brown Ale
Conditioning: American Pale Ale
Enjoying: Green Flash West Coast IPA clone, American Amber Ale
MrBisco

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?