Re: Extract version of Levitation

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

NewEnglander wrote:It's fairly close to the CYBI recipe, except for the IBU's which are wicked high. Thoughts?
(And this is for a 90 min. boil)

That's why I stopped using the Tasty Brew calculator. I felt like the IBU ratings I was getting thrown back at me were too high. I use the brewtility one because I can use different IBU formulas (and, because I can choose which one I want, I know which one I'm getting).
Bottle: Lonely Beer Party Bitter, Mildly Amused, Saison Du Biz (two fermentors with slightly different ferm. temps), Noah's Parti Bitter

Fermentor: Noahs Parti Wine-o

Coming up:
Wutz

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 am

Wutz wrote:That's why I stopped using the Tasty Brew calculator. I felt like the IBU ratings I was getting thrown back at me were too high. I use the brewtility one because I can use different IBU formulas (and, because I can choose which one I want, I know which one I'm getting).

Brewtility gave me an even higher IBU: 83.4
That's just at 60 min. since it won't let me enter anything higher and using Rager, not that I have any idea what that means. Which formula do you use there and how do you change it?
Private First Class, Northeast Division
NewEnglander

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 am

My favorite online brewing calculator is beer calculus at hopville.com. Have to register but it's free...

http://beercalculus.hopville.com/recipe
mgo737

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 am

mgo737 wrote:My favorite online brewing calculator is beer calculus at hopville.com. Have to register but it's free...

Oooh. I likey that one the best. Going back and forth between the units let me narrow things down a bit.

Looks good. I'll be brewing Friday!
NewEnglander

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

NewEnglander wrote:
mgo737 wrote:My favorite online brewing calculator is beer calculus at hopville.com. Have to register but it's free...

Oooh. I likey that one the best. Going back and forth between the units let me narrow things down a bit.

Looks good. I'll be brewing Friday!

I also use that one when I'm not at my own machine. It's good.

By the way, that quote on the front page attributed to Chris H.? Totally me. My suggestion was that when you add hops or grain that the amount default to something other than zero. If you forget the amount and click add, it stays empty.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
mookie1010

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Momentary Panic: are the CYBI recipes for a 6 gallon boil to end up with a 5 gallon batch OR a 7 gallon boil to end up with a 6 gallon batch???
NewEnglander

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:49 pm

NewEnglander wrote:Momentary Panic: are the CYBI recipes for a 6 gallon boil to end up with a 5 gallon batch OR a 7 gallon boil to end up with a 6 gallon batch???

6 gallons at the end of the boil. 5.5 into the fermenter and a full 5 gallon keg at the end of fermentation.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
mookie1010

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 am

mookie1010 wrote:
NewEnglander wrote:Momentary Panic: are the CYBI recipes for a 6 gallon boil to end up with a 5 gallon batch OR a 7 gallon boil to end up with a 6 gallon batch???

6 gallons at the end of the boil. 5.5 into the fermenter and a full 5 gallon keg at the end of fermentation.

so you mean i probably didn't need to spend all last night reworking the recipe for a 6.5 gallon boil to end up with 5 gallons in the carboy?
:evil:

well, at least i learned a bunch about how recipes work...super...
NewEnglander

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?