Re: CYBI Terrapin Rye PA

Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 pm

I brewed this recipe and it is really tasty. I have no way of knowing whether I cloned it, but this is a good recipe nonetheless. I tasted the beer after 3 days of dry hopping and decided that it needed more, so it ended up getting 2 oz Amarillo for 7 days. I think that the first round of dry hopping basically just took yeast out of suspension and didn't impart a whole lot of hop character.
maxwell

Tue May 11, 2010 6:44 am

I brewed it and it came out delish! Highly recommended...
Hoppocrates

Fri May 28, 2010 8:01 am

Wow - Terrapin Rye Pale Ale has been one of my favorite pale ales for a while and I love Terrapin as a brewery - their special beers are always amazing (Especially their 90 Shelling). This recipe is perfect. I just poured a glass as I'm letting my CYBI Gordon IPA do it's thing in the mash - it tastes identical. I'm gonna run by the grocery store and get some Terrapin to do a side by side later.

Great recipe - thanks CYBI!
Stevorino

Fri May 28, 2010 8:46 am

KrOtChRoTT wrote:This is my clone of Terrapin that I did about a couple yrs ago!!
If you want to be closer to the origional, change the 0 min hops to 1oz cascade and 1 oz amarillo..
I personally like this amarillo charged flameout version better

I can vouch for this recipe, it is really good.

Also, I vote for you to change your name to Krockrocket.
code
codewritinfool

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?