Re: Riggwelter wtf?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:19 pm

jamilz wrote:I'll give you all fair warning, I'm going to try and get some interviews while in New Zealand and Australia next month. If you find that upsetting, then you can always skip those shows. :wink:

bad news Jamil, the croc hunter is dead so getting an interview will be tough
On tap 1: Dry Irish
On tap 2: El Jefeweizen
On tap 3: Vienna
kegged: Rye Amber, Belgian Dark Strong, CYBI Mirror Pond, Irish Red, RIS
lagering: Vienna, Helles, Cream Ale, CAP
Field

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 pm

jamilz wrote:I'll give you all fair warning, I'm going to try and get some interviews while in New Zealand and Australia next month. If you find that upsetting, then you can always skip those shows. :wink:

FTW!!! At last, the chance of some beers I can actually get a hold of. When I hear you bitches in the US whining about the guys cloning beers that you can't get in your state, I just laugh. :nutters:

Bring it on, JZ!
PLAN, v.t. To bother about the best method of accomplishing an accidental result. - The Devil's Dictionary
skipper

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 am

ALL RIGHT!!!! FOSTERS!!! :)

I'm glad you're mixing it up...I never even heard of Nogne before you guys did it on the show.

I'd love to see you guys try a PBR clone or maybe a special guest brewer, Shaun O'Sullivan try a Coors Light clone. Schuman could be part of the tasting panel. :lol:
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:57 am

skipper wrote:

FTW!!! At last, the chance of some beers I can actually get a hold of. When I hear you bitches in the US whining about the guys cloning beers that you can't get in your state, I just laugh. :nutters:

Bring it on, JZ!

Skipper, I have requested Emerson's pils...
sinkas

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 am

sinkas wrote:Skipper, I have requested Emerson's pils...

Nice. Pretty much anything from Emerson's is good. The Pils should be pretty straight forward. Have an email from Richard (the brewer) back in 2006 revealing that he uses 100% NZ Saaz for the Pils. Chances are he might be able to give good info to Jamil, but I doubt it will be in the form of an interview as I believe he is deaf.
PLAN, v.t. To bother about the best method of accomplishing an accidental result. - The Devil's Dictionary
skipper

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:00 am

Say hello to Peter for me.

Can't wait to hear the results of your beer search.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 am

I've listened to every single show and hadn't really even considered cloning any of these yet.

For me, it is all about in descending order:
- The ingredients, processes, and thoughts going into the making of these beers
- Picking up ideas for my own beers that I hadn't read anywhere else
- Learning about beers and breweries I would have never heard of
- Listening to the humble beginnings of the brewers
- The sophomoric banter of Tasty and Jamil with Justin's two cents

Fire away with whomever you want, fellas. I'll listen, learn and laugh at all of them.
In keg:
Doppelbock
Berliner Weisse
DIPA
Dortmunder

On deck:
Emma's Brown
Brewchief

Re: Riggwelter show

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:42 am

I enjoyed the interview the most. Neil Spake is very good at this- sorry Jamil but he's better at it than you.....and it's really great to hear about different ways to brew like the slate open fermentors they are using at the brewery. I didn’t listen to the entire pod cast yet, but the big brouhaha about the yeast- can this be bottled cultured from an empty? All in all I think the listenership should lighten up and give the guys a break…they are doing a great job! And yes I would also like to get the redo of Arrogant….
IN THE BOTTLE:Imperial Aussie Ale, AB and oaked AB, Semper Fi Tripple
IN THE PRIMARY:
IN THE SECONDARY:
LAGERING :
ON DECK:Baltic Porter
ggltd

PreviousNext

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?