Re: Riggwelter show

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:16 pm

ggltd wrote:I enjoyed the interview the most. Neil Spake is very good at this- sorry Jamil but he's better at it than you.....

Neil? Neil who? He is dead to me. :twisted: :D
I hope my post helped in some way. If not, please feel free to contact me.

Jamil Zainasheff
http://www.mrmalty.com

"The yeast is strong within you." K. Zainasheff
jamilz

Re: Riggwelter wtf?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Deathrider wrote:The only thing I would like to suggest would be to have one of us "asshat" brewers brew up a clone and have it evaluated right along with the actual beer and the CYBI "semi-pro" brewers beer, to see how we do when given a specific recipe and instructions. I know we can do this on our own and have side by side tastings at home, but having the information out there during an episode may help others with their processes.

We're looking into the logistics of making this work. I do have a clone and a commercial example sent to me that we're going to be evaluating on one of the upcoming shows. Should be a lot of fun.

Jamil Zainasheff

jamilz

Sun May 02, 2010 12:45 pm

My .02, should anyone care. I thought the Riggwelter show was great. Neil did a good job, but the brewer was also very interesting to listen too, had a different take on one or two topics. For similar reasons I'll look forward to the Oz/NZ shows.
Oh, and he's from Yorkshire, nowhere near Liverpool (either geographically or accent-ly), so quit the "Beatles" thing already!!
Corporal Mickp
mickp

Wed May 12, 2010 10:09 am

finally listened to this show

was very happy to hear you guys went with the 1469 West Yorkshire, thats my favorite English yeast and I use it whenever it's available

glad to hear about Jamil's campaign to have Wyeast make it year round
On tap 1: Dry Irish
On tap 2: El Jefeweizen
On tap 3: Vienna
kegged: Rye Amber, Belgian Dark Strong, CYBI Mirror Pond, Irish Red, RIS
lagering: Vienna, Helles, Cream Ale, CAP
Field

Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am

I just got word they are going to have it again this fall as a special. I think if they sell a lot of it, they may offer it more often.

Jamil Zainasheff

jamilz

Wed May 12, 2010 5:36 pm

I am wondering if the West Yorkshire yeast from Wyeast is the same as the Yorkshire square from White labs. I used the WLP037 in several split batches over the fall and winter. In my opinion it was better than every other english strain I tried.

When I saw the name I kind of assumed it was the yeast from Black Sheep. Maybe I was wrong but it is a fantastic yeast.
Dan
Nankin Mills Brewing
dannypo

Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 am

dannypo wrote:I am wondering if the West Yorkshire yeast from Wyeast is the same as the Yorkshire square from White labs. I used the WLP037 in several split batches over the fall and winter. In my opinion it was better than every other english strain I tried.

When I saw the name I kind of assumed it was the yeast from Black Sheep. Maybe I was wrong but it is a fantastic yeast.

it could be, but 1469 is Timothy Taylor, "Yorkshire Square" sounds like it would be Saml. Smith
On tap 1: Dry Irish
On tap 2: El Jefeweizen
On tap 3: Vienna
kegged: Rye Amber, Belgian Dark Strong, CYBI Mirror Pond, Irish Red, RIS
lagering: Vienna, Helles, Cream Ale, CAP
Field

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 pm

*bump*

Going to try this soon ... sounded good from the show then I found the beer at my local shop -- outstanding! Anybody brew it? Comments? tips?

For me the best thing about the CYBI shows is not necessarily getting the recipe but it gets me interested in trying something new ..... knowing how to make it makes me want to try it more than just hearing about it.

I've tried more new beers because of CYBI than hearing the brewery interviews on the Session (not by much though)
-- Scott

On Tap - Janet's Brown, Easy-Jack/SNPA mash-up
Primary - BCS Saison with rye
Secondary - Cabernet Sauvingon
animaldoc

PreviousNext

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?