Re: Cold Steeping Coffee for Wake N' Bake Stout

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 am

LocalBrewer wrote:
Larkin W. wrote:Thanks for the quick responses.

I guess I'll just course grind the beans and dip my sack in the keg for a couple of days........what? :? :asshat:

A trick if you are sacking ( :shock: ) your keg. Sanatize your sack, a stainless fitting and some fishing line. Add the stainless fitting and coffee to your sack. Knot your sack and then tie the fishing line around your knot. Place your sack in the keg and the weight from the fitting will allow your sack to sink. Go down about halfway and then tie the end of the fishing line around the keg handle. Put the keg lid on and you are done. Taste your beer each day and when you have the desired coffee flavor take your sack out. I do this when I want to add fresh hops to my keg it is a fruggle hop infuser. Good luck and cheers.

I went with this method, used 3.5 oz. of the Jittery Joes coffee for 48 hours. Coffee aroma and flavor could not be more perfect. I did a pretty course grind in the food processor. Serving it at a beer fest next weekend. Thanks for the help :jnj
Larkin W.

Re: Cold Steeping Coffee for Wake N' Bake Stout

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 am

Larkin W. wrote:
LocalBrewer wrote:
Larkin W. wrote:Thanks for the quick responses.

I guess I'll just course grind the beans and dip my sack in the keg for a couple of days........what? :? :asshat:

A trick if you are sacking ( :shock: ) your keg. Sanatize your sack, a stainless fitting and some fishing line. Add the stainless fitting and coffee to your sack. Knot your sack and then tie the fishing line around your knot. Place your sack in the keg and the weight from the fitting will allow your sack to sink. Go down about halfway and then tie the end of the fishing line around the keg handle. Put the keg lid on and you are done. Taste your beer each day and when you have the desired coffee flavor take your sack out. I do this when I want to add fresh hops to my keg it is a fruggle hop infuser. Good luck and cheers.

I went with this method, used 3.5 oz. of the Jittery Joes coffee for 48 hours. Coffee aroma and flavor could not be more perfect. I did a pretty course grind in the food processor. Serving it at a beer fest next weekend. Thanks for the help :jnj

Good job brotha, glad it went well for ya. Have fun serving it at the fest. Cheers.
Corporal BN Army | Midwest Midnight Division
--------------
Next Brew: BlackHawk _ Batch 4
Fermenting: WHY - Batch 2
Kegged: Fly Paper - Batch 10
--------------
LocalBrewer

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?