Where to find CYBI Recipes?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:51 am

Howdy folks,

I was listening to the Imperial IPA podcast and I heard Jamil say that recipes were available to download on the website somewhere, but I can't find them. Are they available anywhere in ProMash .rec format?

Cheers!

Jeremy
uber_franz

Re: Where to find CYBI Recipes?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 pm

I do not believe they are available in recipe format. Gotta listen to the show to get your info! Some recipes have been nicely posted by others here, though if you can find them through searches (ie JP Bam Biere, Green Flash IPA).
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I have most of them. Which one are you looking for?
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:32 pm

There's a thread on <cough>another brewing forum<cough> that lists them.

A word of advice though - use the recipes maybe when buying the ingredients, but be sure to listen to the show before brewing. There are things in the shows that just aren't captured in a recipe.
PFC BN Army - 43rd Battalion Mashing Squadron
beltbuckle

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:42 pm

beltbuckle wrote:
be sure to listen to the show before brewing. There are things in the shows that just aren't captured in a recipe.

+1
Definately listen to JZ explain things on variations and parameters of the style. Loads of info in there.
snowcapt

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks guys... I wasn't looking for any one specific recipe, just hoping to save time. It would have really been useful on the Imperial IPA with all of those hop additions. I definitely listen to the actual show to get the intangibles. =) The link to HBT should prove useful!

Cheers!

Jeremy
uber_franz

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?