21st Amendment Brewery Back In Black recipe

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 am

Hi all

Could someone post the 21st Amendment Brewery Back In Black recipe please, as my head phone have died and i miss it

Thanks
Primary:Courage x ale 1915,India dark ale
Keg:Smoke on the porter (smoked porter), Centennial/ RAKAU hop bursting, Barclay Perkins Double Brown Stout, Saison, Barclay Perkins Burton KK, La Saison Noire,
http://twitter.com/Oblivious_
oblivious

Re: 21st Amendment Brewery Back In Black recipe

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 pm

You can get the archive, it was the 9/26/11 show, it's posted, I'm d/l'ing it now. I haven't listened to that one yet either!!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Whitebeard_Brewer wrote:You can get the archive, it was the 9/26/11 show, it's posted, I'm d/l'ing it now. I haven't listened to that one yet either!!

I know, but the issue was that my PC headphones are broken so i cant listen as was wondering if anyone who had could write down the recipe

:)
Keg:Smoke on the porter (smoked porter), Centennial/ RAKAU hop bursting, Barclay Perkins Double Brown Stout, Saison, Barclay Perkins Burton KK, La Saison Noire,
oblivious

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 pm

EricCSU over on Homebrew talk posted it

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/can-you ... pa-278783/

Here is the recipe

All recipes are (unless otherwise specified): 6 gallons post-boil, 70% efficiency, Morey for color, 15% evaporation, 7.27 gallons preboil, Rager IBU, and most hops are in grams not ounces. Most, if not all recipes are primary only (no secondary).

Just a quick reminder that all of this information is possible because of the hard work of Jamil and Tasty. Please listen to the show, whether live, on the Brewing Network website, or subscribe on iTunes. I credit much of my progress as a brewer to listening to the shows on The Brewing Network. If you enjoy those shows and the information, please consider donating. Also, please support the show's sponsor, Northern Brewer.
If you brew this, please reply with your results for discussion.

Big thanks to elproducto for transcribing this recipe! Even used my format and everything!

OG 1071
SRM not listed
IBU not listed
FG 1018

90 minute boil

5.58kg 2-row base malt 77.8%
850g Munich 11.9%
430g Caramunich 60lov. 6%
310g Carafa Special (Brewer said Carafa II) 4.3%

Mash at 154F

16.5g Warrior 17%AA 90 min.
22g Centennial 8%AA 20 min.
15g CTZ 13.9%AA 0 min.
29g Simcoe 12%AA Dry Hop
58.5g Centennial 10%AA Dry Hop

US-05 yeast or Wy1056/WLP001 [canned product uses US-05 and the brewpub uses US-05 or WLP001]

Ferment at 68 degrees

Notes: Kim Wood (homebrewer) said she adjusted her bittering addition to 80min. to compensate for the 15 min. whirlpool hops. Kim dry hopped 4 days into fermentation, she said the yeast was still fairly active. Kim noted that she added gypsum (1.5tsp, probably during the mash but she didn't specify). Jamil noted that adding the high color malts will alter the mash pH and a brewer should consider adding chalk, but that depends on your water.

BN Crew said it was definately cloned.
oblivious

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Looks great .. so i decide to model a beer after it .. didnt have all the exact hops and grains

10.5 lb pale
1.75 lb munich
13 oz - 60 L
9 oz - carafa 3

14 g - columbus - mh
14g - chinook - 60 min
28g - citra - 10 min
41g - columbus - 3 min

im try to avoid DH when i can ... im a lazy brewer
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
consumes

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?