Re: BN Soldier brew off sign up sheet

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Ozwald wrote:
EllisTX wrote:
NervousDad wrote:I have one brewed, just leaving it in the primary as long as possible. As soon as your ready I'll keg and carb it :)

Boom! 3!

Neckbeard has one also I believe. He says it pairs beautifully with a nice salad.

In other words it tastes like aged vinegar? :D

I've had a beer that tasted like aged vinegar. It was called Sam Adams Triple Bock. What a waste of $15 (and I was in college, that was a lot of money!)
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 pm

So I shit the bed on this one guys. Talking with Neckbeard and we were thinking of still doing the comp and the winner gets bragging rights and gets to choose the next beer style for the next bn forum brew off. I'm thinking doing one every 6 months with a rotating judging center. See how many people we can start getting into this as a fun new way to interact with our fellow bn forum :asshat: 's
:jnj -PorkSlapper
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:08 am

If it's just the 3 of you, why not ship both other people a bottle? Maybe even have a circle jerk on Skype to judge? Just a thought.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:06 am

Sounds good Pork. I'll get mine shipped out to you. No worries about missing the show. We'll count this as a test run. Can't wait for the next one! Hope I get to pick it :aaron
EllisTX

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 am

We need some badges for the winner, maybe even have it every 3 or 4 month to keep more people into it...
NervousDad

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:57 am

NervousDad wrote:We need some badges for the winner, maybe even have it every 3 or 4 month to keep more people into it...

I'm down with quarterly.
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:56 am

Edit: My beer is Okay. I'm an idiot it was the smoke from my pork tenderloin through my taste buds off..
Last edited by NervousDad on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NervousDad

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:17 am

NervousDad wrote:I think I may be out :( I just tasted my beer and it tastes very funky. It's still early in the morning so maybe my tastebuds are off, but I think it may taste like Brettanomyces :(. I'll taste is again later today.

Could this have come from the Vanilla beans? I soaked them in bourbon for 4 hours prior to adding them to the primary. It tasted green the other day but otherwise fine, today it's a bit funky unless it was gelatin settling and that's what I'm tasting. but I got a somewhat sour pucker when I tasted it.

This would be my first infection.... sucks!

Edit: no sure now :) I was eating Tenderloin off of my GreenEgg this morning that kinda had a smokey bandaid taste and I'm not sure if that just carried over. my tastebuds suck.

Just HAD to say green egg to make me feel like a lesser man for running a WSM.
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

PreviousNext

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?