Re: Your Dream System

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Datamike wrote:Thanks! It's still not quite finished. I am waiting for a few stainless fittings, and working on making it wirelessly connect to my network.

Mike, how long did it take you to build the stand from when you had the raw 2x2 steel to where you have it now?

Datamike wrote: Does anyone know of another brewing system that can be wirelessly controlled over a network?

Um, no. Thats part of what makes it so f*ckin ridiculous!

Cheers to you! :jnj

-Okt
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart

"A good puzzle would be to cross Dublin without passing a pub."
-James Joyes, Ulysses
Oktober

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:08 am

I picked up the steel on 2/25/09. So it's been a little over a month and a half I guess. It's quite a bit of work, more than I originally thought. I've learned a ton of stuff along the way though.

Michael

Oktober wrote:
Datamike wrote:Thanks! It's still not quite finished. I am waiting for a few stainless fittings, and working on making it wirelessly connect to my network.

Mike, how long did it take you to build the stand from when you had the raw 2x2 steel to where you have it now?

Datamike wrote: Does anyone know of another brewing system that can be wirelessly controlled over a network?

Um, no. Thats part of what makes it so f*ckin ridiculous!

Cheers to you! :jnj

-Okt
Datamike

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 am

Datamike,
Have you brewed with your system yet? I was asking because I was wondering how your burners work that close to the kettles? I have the same setup and had to back the burners about 8 inches from the bottom of the kettles to keep them from sooting everything. Just wondering.
marvelman742

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:19 am

marvelman742 wrote:Datamike,
Have you brewed with your system yet? I was asking because I was wondering how your burners work that close to the kettles? I have the same setup and had to back the burners about 8 inches from the bottom of the kettles to keep them from sooting everything. Just wondering.

That sounds like you are not running them fast enough.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:17 am

marvelman742 wrote:Datamike,

I haven't brewed with it yet, but I have run several tests to calibrate everything, including full boil, mash and HLT runs. No sooting. It you have soot, you either have the gas valve partially closed, or not enough gas volume.

Michael
Datamike

Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 am

Oktober wrote:

That's F*cking Awesome.

-Okt

That looks just like a Brutus 10 to me. Nice, but I think I can do better and a whole lot cheaper. A friend of mine has been trying to weld up a gas beam like that and running into all sorts of trouble with gas leaks. Another friend uses jet burners and can't get the jets to seat properly, so they burn yellow and soot the hell up the bottoms of his kettles. I'll take what works over eye candy any day.
aleguy

Thu May 07, 2009 8:10 am

Bellmer wrote:Ideally....meaning money is no object....I'd have my own professional brewery. And I would live there. Just sayin'.

uhhhh.... a brewery has to be clean.... not gonna happen with you living there going for a swim in the bright tanks with your :nutters: on.....

just sayin....
Cheers!
Tavish
---------------------------------------------
An empty kegerator is a crime against humanity. -Dirk McLargeHuge
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Where the fuck is the BACON???????? - Bdawg
tavish2

Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 am

Datamike wrote:
Hammer wrote:Looks good datamike. but where is the cup holder? :D

I know! I thought about that after I had finished it. Gives me something to plan for later.

Michael

Michael, i love the system. your software looks really familiar. Did you just do a presentation for GEBL a while back?
Cheers!
Tavish
---------------------------------------------
An empty kegerator is a crime against humanity. -Dirk McLargeHuge
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Where the fuck is the BACON???????? - Bdawg
tavish2

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures