B3 vs Brewmagic???

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Does anyone care to comment or list any pros & cons concerning the 2 systems I'm considering? (A B3 Tippy Dump or the Brewmagic) both with 15 gallon kettles. I'm really torn, but leaning to the B3.

I'm planning to get one or the other by this fall.

Thanks
saltydawg

Re: B3 vs Brewmagic???

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Funny you ask. I was looking at those and did some cost calcs early today. Piece together your own system. 1/2 the fun if you ask me, is the building of the system, and I am sure you can do it more cost effective. my $0.02
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Very true... you can save a lot. I do like the idea of buying something turn-key. I work a lot. 60-80 hours a week. So building something loses it's fun factor when I'd rather be brewing.
saltydawg

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 pm

You have a good reason to buy a turn key system then...........Hang in there!
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am

saltydawg wrote:Does anyone care to comment or list any pros & cons concerning the 2 systems I'm considering? (A B3 Tippy Dump or the Brewmagic) both with 15 gallon kettles. I'm really torn, but leaning to the B3.

Thanks

I own a Brew Magic and its fine. Makes good beer (just like a cooler would), looks neat and fancy. If I did it again I would go with a B3. Sabco's customer service just blows hard. They only care about selling you the system, any troubles after the check is cashed are on you to figure out. Warranty, ha basically none.

I tried to talk Chris at B3 into doing a Sculptures for clunkers trade in program. :lol: I would be more than happy to share all my documented SABCO experiences if that came about!

If for no other reason to go with B3, they are really big supporters of the BN and donate alot of money, product, and time.
http://www.embracethefunk.com <----My Sour Beer Website

PRIVATE FIRST CLASS- The BN Army: Dirty South Squadron
Proud 2010 Fallen Soldier Winner
Proud 2009 Caller of the Year Nominee

POLLO ASADO!
Brandon

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Wow, thanks for the candid advice, Brandon.

I'm on the BM forum too. I've read the problems. It does seem there are far fewer real problems with the B3 systems. also just decided I don't think I want the Full Digital Package, just the Digital Package for temp control primarily. That saves a good chunk of money, and even with shipping freight to NW Indiana is a lot cheaper than the BM.

I've started another thread about this but... I'd buy now if B3 offered they're sculpture with 20g kettles. I think it's the best overall size for my needs.

Thanks
saltydawg

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 am

Glad to help in your decision making!
http://www.embracethefunk.com <----My Sour Beer Website

PRIVATE FIRST CLASS- The BN Army: Dirty South Squadron
Proud 2010 Fallen Soldier Winner
Proud 2009 Caller of the Year Nominee

POLLO ASADO!
Brandon

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:51 pm

saltydawg wrote:Does anyone care to comment or list any pros & cons concerning the 2 systems I'm considering? (A B3 Tippy Dump or the Brewmagic) both with 15 gallon kettles. I'm really torn, but leaning to the B3.

Thanks

Build your own and get all the operability you can design into it.
Tippy Dump?
Have you looked at a Shop Vac? Fabulous toy~!! Sucks everything out lickedy split and puts it on wheels.
HEY~!! It's a hobby~!! It's NOT supposed to make sense~!!
Cliff

Next

Return to Brewing Sculptures