Love Controller Ambient Temp Range

Tue May 04, 2010 6:38 pm

So I was very excited to try my completed brewing sculpture today. Everything was fine as I water tested it. All pumps and disconnects were good, with only a few leaks, which I took care of. When I tried to heat my water up to a nice premash temp of around 170 F. I realized my love controler only goes up to an Ambient temp of 158 F. I tried to find one that read up to at least 200 F, but had no luck. If anyone know a model number that does that would be great. I also see people use this controler, so one of them must work. Any help would be great thanks.

Mike
swifty

Re: Love Controller Ambient Temp Range

Wed May 05, 2010 5:32 am

I seem to remember reading or hearing somewhere that there is a setting in the love controllers that needs to be set right or you can't get above a certain temperature. I can't seem to find the reference now though. Maybe someone who's actually used one of these guys can help.

BTW, What do you mean by ambient temp? When I read ambient, I think of the temperature of the surroundings of the controller as opposed to what the controller's probe is reading, but I wasn't aware that the love controllers measured the surounding air temp.
Travisty

Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 am

swifty wrote:So I was very excited to try my completed brewing sculpture today. Everything was fine as I water tested it. All pumps and disconnects were good, with only a few leaks, which I took care of. When I tried to heat my water up to a nice premash temp of around 170 F. I realized my love controler only goes up to an Ambient temp of 158 F. I tried to find one that read up to at least 200 F, but had no luck. If anyone know a model number that does that would be great. I also see people use this controler, so one of them must work. Any help would be great thanks.

Mike

which model do you have . this is what I have

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/produ ... ?cls=25656
Droodles1

Wed May 05, 2010 9:24 pm

From memory, so this could be wrong, I will double check in the morning when I have my book, but:

Sp is the set point....what you want your temp to be
r0 is the differential
r1 is the lowest temp you can set the Sp to
r2 is the highest temp you can set Sp to

So, you need to adjust your r2, so it includes the temp you want to raise your Sp to.....

I have r1 set to like 125ish, and r2 set to like 185ish....that way, I know I can hit any temp in the range I'm looking for.

Again, this was all from memory, I will double check the info in the morning and edit as needed, but that should give you the idea.

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Thu May 06, 2010 2:19 am

I believe my model number TS-13xyz

Looking over the Technical Data.......

I see that it says the Operating temp is (32 -158F)
Probe range is (-58 to 302F)

Its weird because when I try to set my set point it will go through the number -55 to 150 then goes back to -55.
swifty

Thu May 06, 2010 2:28 am

Looking more closely I now see that with the Love Controlers, the set point is tne only parameter that the user can access without code protection. This is why i was not able to set it above the orginal factory setting. I think all i have to do is use the factory code and then set the parameters up to what I want. Think I should be all set. Thanks for the help.
swifty

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:22 am

-55 to 150 is Celcius. 150 C = 302 F. Change your Celcius setting to Farenheit. Problem solved.
On Deck:
Cream Ale
Fermenting:
Dusseldorf Altbier
On Tap:
Brown Porter

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. What horribly boring lives they must lead." Micky Rourke, Barfly
Crackin

Return to Brewing Sculptures