New Brewstand video

Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 am

If anyone has 4 minutes to kill, check out a video of my new brewstand. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmPYTKnCNPc
BrianL

Re: New Brewstand video

Tue May 11, 2010 3:23 pm

That's a nice looking stand.

Are you using a electronic ignition to fire up the burners? If so, where did you place the ignition?
TCC

Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Looks awesome. The separate HERMS chamber is a nifty touch.
:bnarmy:Corporal, BN Army Kettle Scrubbing Squad :bnarmy:
andy77

Tue May 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Nice job... Never quite understood the decision to go right to left... unless you live in Israel, but meh.... personal preference I suppose.

You are going to want to protect those wires from the flames a little bit more.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 am

I hear you on the right to left thing. Seemed backwards to me too, but I went with what others were doing just in case there was some hidden logic that I didn't realize. I don't think there is any. Why does everyone do it that way?

Yes, wires need much better protection! They barely survived the first brew. I think I'm going to build something like Lonnie's stainless T's with a thermowell. Just have to figure out how he attached the thermowell into the T?

I didn't do electronic ignition. I just light by hand. Maybe in the next version.

Important safety tip with the honeywells. Make sure you run the gas full flow into the Honeywell valve and adjust the flame control on the out side. I was adjusting the flame on a ball valve on the "in" side, so I was also turning down the gas to the pilot line. When the honeywell would open, the pilot flame would weaken and not light the burner. A bit of a safety issue. Seems obvious now, but just a tip for anyone else building their first stand.
BrianL

Return to Brewing Sculptures