Quick regulator question

Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 am

I'm looking to purchase a regulator for the brew stand I'm about to build and I'm looking at this one since it's adjustable and comes with the hose unlike the adjustable 0-30 psi one that's only $5 less. However, I noticed that the 0-40 psi guy has a male threaded piece for connecting to the propane tank. Does the standard LP tank have female threads as well as male threads? I'm at work so I can't just run out and check the LP tanks I have.

Thanks!
Travisty

Re: Quick regulator question

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 am

a guy in our club has a regulator like that and the inside of his propane tank inlet has threads as well as the outside. I don't know if all tanks are like that and he just trades them in for a refill or if he has to keep getting this particular tank filled
Adopt a deaf dog. It will change your life in a positive way

Jamil Zainasheff has a walk in cooler.
Pamela Anderson has a walk in cooter.
San_Diego_Matt

Re: Quick regulator question

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 am

Cool. I found something else online after I posted that described the valves and apparently it's standard to have both male and female threads on all the new LP valves so that they are compatible with old connectors on RVs and whatnot that have only male connections. Good to hear that confirmed. :bnarmy:
Travisty

Return to Brewing Sculptures