Casters for Brutus

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:08 am

My neighbor is welding up a Brutus 10 for me. Which casters are the right ones? The threaded bolts or the plate connectors?
bluelou6

Re: Casters for Brutus

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:42 am

I would say bolt on, for sure. The larger diameter wheel the better it will roll. On a side note; I put swivel casters on all four corners and regret it now. When I change them I will put fixed on two and swivel on two.
budrockdiesel

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Are you working from my plans Blue? I call out the exact casters and inserts that you need... :)
Lonnie Mac
Home of Brutus Ten
Lonnie Mac

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 am

Lonnie Mac wrote:Are you working from my plans Blue? I call out the exact casters and inserts that you need... :)

Indeed Lonnie. I'll go back to the BYO article. I was going from the parts list. Thanks.
bluelou6

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:02 pm

budrockdiesel wrote:I would say bolt on, for sure. The larger diameter wheel the better it will roll. On a side note; I put swivel casters on all four corners and
regret it now. When I change them I will put fixed on two and swivel on two.

Why didn't you like the 4 swivel? I'm looking to upgrade from the shopping kart , parallel parking setup I've got now.
Bigscience

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 am

Bigscience wrote:
Why didn't you like the 4 swivel? I'm looking to upgrade from the shopping kart , parallel parking setup I've got now.

I would say that the rig is too heave to steer the ass end as you are pulling it. I use to pull mine through my shop to wherever I was going to brew and just the slab being graded for rain runoff would takeover the end that I wasn't holding. Make you sweat it you are pulling next to a vehicle or something that might scratch your brew rig!
budrockdiesel

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:02 pm

I think two stationary would be be better too.

Those expanding rubber casters are sweeet!
blbvtec

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:22 am

Don't forget to check out Surplus Center if you have not bought them yet. Bugeater turned me on to this place for motors.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp? ... rch=caster
bcmaui

Next

Return to Brewing Sculptures