Single Tier Sans-Kettles, Burners, Pumps

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:26 am

Based on what I've seen, most manufacturers (e.g. MoreBeer) include pumps, kettles, burners, and tubing in their sculptures. But I have all that stuff. Does anyone know if MoreBeer sells the sculptures without all the extras; IE - just the stand?

If not, do you know of any sculpture manufacturers that do?
Breakbeat

Re: Single Tier Sans-Kettles, Burners, Pumps

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:30 am

You could always give them a call. I'm sure they are open to the question. Or you could consider a Blichmann Top Tier system, and then only buy what you need.

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/pro ... nd-burners
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:46 am

TheDarkSide wrote:You could always give them a call. I'm sure they are open to the question. Or you could consider a Blichmann Top Tier system, and then only buy what you need.

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/pro ... nd-burners

Yeah, will give them a ring. Looking for a single-tier so I'm not sure the Blichmann top-tier will work. Thanks
Breakbeat

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 am

Got a reply from MoreBeer - it's a "no". They don't sell sculptures sans-kettles, etc.
Breakbeat

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 am

Well that sucks. I'd say find someone who can weld or sell your current stuff and put it towards a morebeer system.

There are a few pics online of the top tier setup ina way that is nearly single tier.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:58 pm

I was in the same boat earlier this year where I had all the kettles, pumps, burners, etc... and just needed the stand. I seriously thought about saving up for a fancy stand but soon realized the shipping cost was a lot, lead times were variable, and I had to purchase all new kettles and other stuff I didn't need. I thought about it more and realized I would rather spend all that money on malts, hops and yeast so I can actually brew a lot of beer instead of being broke after buying a fancy brewstand.. Long story short, I decided to get a stainless steel commercial work table with wheels. I bought mine off amazon for $150 with free shipping and can't imagine brewing without it. If you want I can try to find a pic of my setup.

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-W ... d_sim_hg_6
Afterlab

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 pm

If you are interested in utility and not the "pretty", "sexy", look of a SS stand. The cost of steal for a single tier setup is going to run you about $90-$110. After that, you just need to: 1) get pay someone to weld it for you, 2) find a friend to weld it for you, or 3) buy a mig welder and weld it yourself (it doesn't take long to learn). Option 2 is definitely the cheapest, followed by option 1, but option 3 opens up a whole new horizon of opportunities. All three are significantly cheaper than buying a stand.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 pm

EagleDude wrote:If you are interested in utility and not the "pretty", "sexy", look of a SS stand. The cost of steal for a single tier setup is going to run you about $90-$110. After that, you just need to: 1) get pay someone to weld it for you, 2) find a friend to weld it for you, or 3) buy a mig welder and weld it yourself (it doesn't take long to learn). Option 2 is definitely the cheapest, followed by option 1, but option 3 opens up a whole new horizon of opportunities. All three are significantly cheaper than buying a stand.

What a great excuse to buy a MIG. I've wanted one for years but could never justify it. If you do go that route, don't cheap out on the 110v models. Most (if not all) of those don't have the :nutters: to weld anything thicker than very thin plate. Small 220v's will treat you better, give you more options down the road & really aren't that much more expensive than a decent 110v model.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Brewing Sculptures