Kegerator - Mini Fridge Selection

Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:51 am

I have been dispensing out of my temp controlled chest freezer for the past year or so...and boy is not being able to ferment and dispense beer at the same time getting old. Upgrading to a mini fridge kegerator seems like the logical move.

What fridges have you guys used?

What are the pros/cons of your selection after the build?

Cheers!
MonkeyTailBrew
Flingin' Brew since '02
monkeytailbrew

Re: Kegerator - Mini Fridge Selection

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 pm

I have a Sanyo 4912 and these are probably the most popular compact fridges for kegerator conversion. Tons and tons of threads about this on every forum. Only downside is that you can only have two kegs on at a time. Might be a better idea to keep dispensing from the chest freezer and get a fridge for fermentation.
maxwell

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Used a Sanyo 5.0 cuft for a 2 keg system, but got tired of the time between brews. Upgraded to full fridge for 5 kegs, and will use the Sanyo to hold the conical as a cold fermentation chamber (48F to 69F).
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 pm

I guess I got so blinded by just wanting the "next step" that i didnt realize that i will get just as fed up about only having 2 brews at a time...slippery slope
MonkeyTailBrew
Flingin' Brew since '02
monkeytailbrew

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing