New homebrewer kegerator carbonation probs!

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 pm

I kegged b3's citra pale last Friday, pulled a beer off it on Sunday, had decent flow, I also had a speakeasy keg on that poured great. I have a tank outside the kegerator going into a 2 way manifold. My pressure is rolling along at 8 psi.

I go to test for cArbonation today, and my kegerator spout barely dripped an Oz or 2 in the glass. I cleared the diptube w/co2, sprayed star San on all connections then retightened, and no bubbles. Even w/flat beer shouldn't I get flow thru the tower faucet? Or is it possible the corny towers need tightening?? Or am I just too damned impatient?

Thanks for any help or criticism.
dipadave

Re: New homebrewer kegerator carbonation probs!

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:54 am

It's hard to tell from your post what the problem is. If it is that there is no flow from the keg even though there is 8 psig on it then you either have an obsruction (the usual culprit is the poppet valve) or the fluid connector is not seated firmly on the OUT post. But you need to be sure there is pressure on the keg. Just because the gas line pressure gauge reads 8 doesn't mean there is any pressure on the keg. To check for this remove the gas connector and depress the gas poppet with the corner of a scredriver blade. Gas should escape.

Now if the problem is that flat beer is being drawn and it has been demonstrated that there is pressure on the keg the solultion is tincture of time.
ajdelange

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing