BJCP Competition and Bottle Caps

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:44 am

Listening through the competition shows in the archives and it sounds like a good idea to get some feedback (no dreams of winning here). I thought about submitting my latest batch since it should be aged out just about right at the time they're judging, but I realized that I bottled with a cheap cap I got that has "Hooch Brew" on it. Any recommendations on what I can do? These have been bottle aging for about two weeks already.
iloman

Re: BJCP Competition and Bottle Caps

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 am

use a Sharpie pen to black the logo out. I see a lot of bottles like that judging.
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:09 am

Petedadink wrote:use a Sharpie pen to black the logo out. I see a lot of bottles like that judging.

+1

The beers I submit usually all have sharpie on the caps. I usually mark the caps so I know what beer is inside, that way I'm not fighting with labels, etc. Then I just scribble it out when I send in the entries. And I don't need to worry about accidentally grabbing an imperial stout when I'm really thirsty for a pale ale.

Random thought... I've never submitted an entry in cider.

:shock:
Capt. Pushy, BN Army Corps of Engineers
(not to be confused with Push E.)

Building a Better World Through Beer
Brew Engineer

Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 am

Brew Engineer wrote:
Petedadink wrote:use a Sharpie pen to black the logo out. I see a lot of bottles like that judging.

Random thought... I've never submitted an entry in cider.

:shock:

You'll be in cider soon enough Brew Engineer! Don't give up hope!!!!!
"It's Ménage à trois. You and me and Heineken."

Sgt. ZZ; BN Army Air Corps

Let's Go Caps!
ZZ

Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks guys. For some reason I didn't think the Sharpie would be OK but I'm glad to hear it is. I've got my registration printed out and I'll be running out to buy some rubber bands and dropping off today.
iloman

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing