Re: nettles

Fri May 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Bugeater wrote:
Ozwald wrote:
nicsub wrote:sweating like a pig at 22c!

If that was the absolute hottest it got all year, I'd be a happy man. But my happy range is more like 16c to -30c, but I've worked outside in -45c on the mountain & it really wasn't all that bad.

You sound like a guy I would have liked to camp with years ago. Got caught in a blizzard at 13,000 ft on a climb years ago. Spent 3 days sitting in a tent playing cribbage and taking temperature and wind speed readings every couple hours. Hit a low of -45°F and wind in excess of 70 mph (that's all the higher my anemometer would go). We actually enjoyed ourselves.

:D At least I'm not the only one.

I used to love snow camping, haven't been out in years. One year there was 4 of us & our tent was a tarp - we put our backpacks in a square for a 'frame', put the tarp on top & buried the whole deal (save a tiny entry hole, heh) under a few feet of snow. Insta-igloo. I woke up in the middle of the night & had to half unzip my bag cause it was getting really toasty in there. Never got tent-locked on any of the winter trips, but the guys I hiked with were the same way. Good times.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Brewing Ingredients