What's happened to Midwest Supplies?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Has anyone else had recent troubles with them?

I've ordered from Midwest 5 times this year and my stuff (kegs included) have always shipped within 2 business days. I placed my last order June 15th and it's still "processing" and I received no reply to my email almost a week ago.

A few people on the interwebs said they also have outstanding orders and apparently NB bought them and there's only a couple people that still work there.

Anyone got any inside info? Is that true? Midwest has always been my go-to with extremely bangin' customer service.
Disraeli Eers

Re: What's happened to Midwest Supplies?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:59 pm

They're busy at BNA8?
:wink:
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Hey guys, newbie to the forum and just happened to come across this thread...

A buddy recently ordered an oxygenation system from them via Amazon to be shipped to my house. It didn't arrive within the shipping window (2 weeks after the order was placed) and he finally got an email from Amazon saying the vendor hadn't shipped within the stated time frame. He called them and was told that the item was on backorder and they didn't know when they'd get it in again.

MW never sent him an email or contacted him in any way, the only contact he got was the Amazon order confirmation and then the Amazon email stating they hadn't shipped.
Tim D. ~ Woodstock, GA
the Mostly Harmless Brewing Co.
itsme_timd

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:57 am

Well my stuff finally arrived yesterday (10 business and 13 actual days after ordering).

It was shipped Thursday, and it came via UPS (which is strange because it's always been FedEx, and my shipping quote was FedEx). They must have overnighted it.
Disraeli Eers

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:40 am

As a local, I can say the in store service has sucked lately as well. I think there was a big turnover in staff around xmas time, as all the familiar faces dissapeared. With a few exceptions, the folks that are now there dont know their heads from their asses. I sent a friend there to buy his first equipment kit and they were downright rude to him. Wasnt like this under the original ownership...
MNHazmat

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Pick up a phone and call them. They are really friendly Santa-like folks!

HOP VODKA
Gridiron Brewer

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:56 pm

No problems for me. Place my order Tuesday afternoon. Shipped Wednesday. Got it Friday. No complaints. Cheaper than Northern Brewer for the exact same things...
Hoser
Hoser

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Midwest supply was one of my very first suppliers! Now, well, I don't bother.

I got very frustrated with them. They were the only ones who were aware of, and willing to get, British Munich and or Vienna. I ordered the Munich from them used it, loved it, wanted more, they lost it! Said they would call back, never did. Tried several times no go. I realize that I am one teeny tiny homebrewer, so they don't really give a crap, but... it matters to me!
Ironically, I felt bad about them ordering a whole sack so I could fill out my bill, I don't feel bad any longer.

Cheers
Scott
Beer, what all good things are built upon!
Primary:
Lagering:
On tap: Wharfside Porter
On tap: Braw Jock
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Next

Return to Brewing Ingredients